QoS wifi problem

lightw...@g2.nctu.edu.tw

Apr 30, 2014, 5:08:57 AM4/30/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am working on observing the difference results between using QoS wifi and using non QoS wifi.

I wanna see that the VoIP packets are delayed or drop in the case of non QoS wifi, but smoothly transmitted in the case of QoS wifi.

I use QoSWifiMacHelper to construct the QoS wifi access point and use NqosWifiMacHelper to the non QoS wifi access point.

And the rest is basically the same.

Also, I write something in ap-wifi-mac.cc to give tid value when QoS supported.

After running two scripts, the tids of packets in QoS case are set between 3~7, and the tids of packets in non QoS case are always 0.

So this part is correct I think.

But when I looked into two pcap files, two flow charts are almost the same.

I think that what I set to the data rate of each server and link should make the traffic saturated, but the results appear not.

No matter how I changed the data rate of the link, the results seemed the same.

And when I set the data rate of the services or increase the number of ftp server, only ftp services' flow were affected. VoIP flows were not affected at all.

I do not know why this happened.

The attachment is the scripts.

Please help me.

Joshua