ns3 Interface between IP and PDCP in Data Plane

Vikash Kathirvel

Dec 28, 2017, 6:04:34 AM12/28/17
to ns-3-users
Hi All,

I was going through the LTE code and was trying to trace flow from IP to PDCP. I could not understand how an IP packet is delivered to PDCP during Uplink.

From what i saw of the data plane architecture: UE data plane architecture
It seems the LteUeNetdevice sends the packet to LteUeRrc which then forwards it to PDCP.

But from my understanding of LTE architecture, I thought RRC is not involved during Data Plane flows.  I thought IP packets would be directly delivered to PDCP,
Can someone please explain how this is being handled in ns3 and point me to the relevant part of the code.

Thank You,