FreeBSD version of DCE network stack

Hajime Tazaki

Apr 2, 2014, 11:10:26 AM4/2/14
to ns-dev...@isi.edu, ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, nis...@sfc.wide.ad.jp

Hi folks,

I'm glad to share our experience of FreeBSD kernel network
stack support for Direct Code Execution (DCE).

** This is really preliminary release of the feature **

This release includes FreeBSD 10.0.0 version of kernel, with
the basic IP stack. We have only tested simple test cases
like IPv4 TCP socket with iperf, but it'll be not so hard to
support UDP and co.

We're also working on supporting mptcp code for FreeBSD,
though it's not yet done, but will share here once it's okay.

Other than that, this example proves the potential of
abstraction with DCE kernel layer [1]. The other operating
system can be also available if we provide a glue layer to
DCE (as NSC does).

Let me know which operating systems are of your interests to
simulate with ns-3. I will try to find my time to support
it.

All the instruction and information for FreeBSD support is
available below. I plan to include this feature in coming
dce-1.3 release.

http://www.nsnam.org/docs/dce/manual/html/dce-user-freebsd.html

Any feedback and suggestions are more than welcome !

[1] http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=2535372.2535374

-- Hajime