[DSDVIpv6+Lr-wpan+6LowPan] Ipv6Address problem

Gonçalo Atanásio

Jun 22, 2016, 9:37:16 AM6/22/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I'm trying to implement DSDV over Lr-wpan+6LowPan. I modified DSDV to work with Ipv6, It might have some bugs but I think the problem is not in there, because the routing tables have the right entries (I still have some problems with the number of hops related to the multicast address).

I made one script with only 2 nodes, and I modified the APP Ping6 to only send packets and implemented a callback for receiving the packets in the script, like the one on the dsdv-manet example. So, I just send packets with an header a developed (I think the problem is not in the header because I've tested it).

The problem is, I'm only using the link-local addresses (because I was having some problem inserting the global ones in the routing tables), so when I send some packet from one node to another, using  sockets (ns3::Ipv6RawSocketFactory), in the APP I'm sending it to fe80::ff:fe00:2 but in the dsdv output it appears ff02::1:ff00:2.

I don't know why it happens and I'm trying to find this problem for a couple of days. I thought it may be some kind of conversion in Ipv6Address.
If you need the files I can send them. The output is in annex.

Best regards.

ping_dsdv.out.zip