SImple UDP socket between NS3 node and host machine

rohankha...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2017, 8:45:48 AM8/22/17
to ns-3-users
Hello

I want to create a UDP or TCP socket between NS3 node and my host machine.

I used fd-tap-ping.cc  and installed UDP server with port 9 on the node. I am able to ping from my host  machine to the tap0 interface created by the script. Now I used a UDP client program on my machine client.c and passed arguments; hostname n port as per given in fd-tap-ping.cc.

I am not able to establish the socket connection. How should I make a socket connection between a ns3 node and my host machine ?

thanks
fd-tap-ping.cc
client.c