building the first.cc script

Doaa Terri

Jun 11, 2015, 9:33:47 AM6/11/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I have tried the first example (first.cc) explained in the ns-3 tutorial, but i stopped at the building step. This is what is in the documentation:

All you have to do is to drop your script into the scratch directory
and it will automatically be built if you run Waf. Let’s try it. Copy examples/tutorial/first.cc into the
scratch directory after changing back into the top level directory.
$ cd ../..
$ cp examples/tutorial/first.cc scratch/myfirst.cc
Now build your first example script using waf:
$ ./waf

However, I think that Waf is for linux OS, How I can do the build using the windows OS, my code is in the visual studio 2012.

Thanks in advance!

Konstantinos

Jun 11, 2015, 11:47:32 AM6/11/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, doaa...@gmail.com
Please study the corresponding documentation on how to use VS-2012 for ns-3

However I would recommend to install a linux distro using some virtualization tool

Doaa Terri

Jun 12, 2015, 4:55:55 AM6/12/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
So I have to follow the instructions described in  : Changing the main program ? Do I have to remove the third.cc and replace it by first.cc and do the building process.

Konstantinos

Jun 12, 2015, 5:15:28 AM6/12/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, doaa...@gmail.com
Sorry, I can't help you further.