Problems Installing DCE (Direct Code Execution) in Ubuntu 19.10

Rohit

Oct 31, 2019, 12:49:23 PM10/31/19
to ns-3-users
Hello, I am new to DCE but worked on ns3. I am trying to install DCE using the official guidance, but I get error.

hg clone http://code.nsnam.org/bake bake export BAKE_HOME=`pwd`/bake export PATH=$PATH:$BAKE_HOME export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$BAKE_HOME

mkdir dce cd dce bake.py configure -e dce-ns3-|version| bake.py download bake.py build

bake.py download shows the following output:-

>> Downloading iperf - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Searching for system dependency libexpat-dev - OK
>> Searching for system dependency libpcap-dev - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "libpcap-dev" not available
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "libpcap-dev" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

>> Downloading bash - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading thttpd - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading wget - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Searching for system dependency llvm-dev - OK
>> Searching for system dependency clang-dev - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "clang-dev" not available
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "clang-dev" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

>> Downloading pybindgen-0.16.0.834 - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Searching for system dependency cxxfilt - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "cxxfilt" not available
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "cxxfilt" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

>> Searching for system dependency setuptools - OK
>> Searching for system dependency pygoocanvas - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "pygoocanvas" not available
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "pygoocanvas" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

>> Searching for system dependency pygraphviz - OK
>> Searching for system dependency python-dev - OK
>> Downloading libaspect - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Searching for system dependency libc - OK
>> Searching for system dependency qt4 - OK
>> Searching for system dependency qt - OK
>> Searching for system dependency g++ - OK
>> Searching for system dependency cmake - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "cmake" not available
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "cmake" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

>> Downloading ccnx - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading castxml-0.1+git98a626ec - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading netanim-3.108 - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading netanim-3.104 - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Searching for system dependency libc-debug - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "libc-debug" not available
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "libc-debug" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

>> Downloading pygccxml-1.9.1 - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading elf-loader - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading ns-3.19 - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading pybindgen-ns3.27-castxml (target directory:pybindgen) - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading dce-meta-1.2 (target directory:ns-3-dce) - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading ns-3.28 - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading dce-ns3-1.2 (target directory:ns-3-dce) - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading dce-meta-1.10 (target directory:ns-3-dce) - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading dce-ns3-1.10 (target directory:ns-3-dce) - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK

Even after after installing clang and iperf manually the errors remains same.
Please help.

Tom Henderson

Oct 31, 2019, 2:37:40 PM10/31/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 10/31/19 9:49 AM, Rohit wrote:
Hello, I am new to DCE but worked on ns3. I am trying to install DCE using the official guidance, but I get error.

Hi, DCE will not work on Ubuntu 19.10.  Ubuntu 16.04 is the last major Ubuntu release that it is working on.

- Tom

Rohit

Oct 31, 2019, 2:39:00 PM10/31/19
to ns-3-users
Thanks for replying...

Rohit

Oct 31, 2019, 3:58:27 PM10/31/19
to ns-3-users
Hi, I tried to install DCE on Ubuntu 16.04.5 just now and the same errors appeared!.

Tom Henderson

Oct 31, 2019, 4:17:32 PM10/31/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, Rohit
On 10/31/19 9:49 AM, Rohit wrote:
Hello, I am new to DCE but worked on ns3. I am trying to install DCE using the official guidance, but I get error.

I recommend to try 'dce-ns3-dev' in the below, since the releases (1.10 and earlier) are not up to date.  See below for resolving the other problems; these are because you lack packages on your Ubuntu system.

hg clone http://code.nsnam.org/bake bake
export BAKE_HOME=`pwd`/bake
export PATH=$PATH:$BAKE_HOME
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$BAKE_HOME

mkdir dce
cd dce
bake.py configure -e dce-ns3-|version|
bake.py download
bake.py build

bake.py download shows the following output:-

 >> Downloading iperf - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libexpat-dev - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libpcap-dev - Problem
 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "libpcap-dev" not available
   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "libpcap-dev" is not an essential dependency.
   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.
sudo apt install libpcap-dev

 >> Downloading bash - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Downloading thttpd - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Downloading wget - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency llvm-dev - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency clang-dev - Problem
sudo apt install libclang-dev

 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "clang-dev" not available
   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "clang-dev" is not an essential dependency.
   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 >> Downloading pybindgen-0.16.0.834 - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency cxxfilt - Problem
 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "cxxfilt" not available
   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "cxxfilt" is not an essential dependency.
   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

sudo apt install pip

pip install --user cxxfilt

 >> Searching for system dependency setuptools - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency pygoocanvas - Problem
 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "pygoocanvas" not available
   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "pygoocanvas" is not an essential dependency.
   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

You can ignore this, but if you want to clear it, for Ubuntu 16.04, you can do:

sudo apt install python-pygoocanvas
 >> Searching for system dependency pygraphviz - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency python-dev - OK
 >> Downloading libaspect - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libc - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency qt4 - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency qt - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency g++ - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency cmake - Problem
 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "cmake" not available
   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "cmake" is not an essential dependency.
   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.
sudo apt install cmake

 >> Downloading ccnx - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Downloading castxml-0.1+git98a626ec - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Downloading netanim-3.108 - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Downloading netanim-3.104 - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libc-debug - Problem
 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "libc-debug" not available
   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "libc-debug" is not an essential dependency.
   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.
sudo apt install libc6-dbg

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Rohit

Nov 1, 2019, 3:22:42 PM11/1/19
to ns-3-users
Hi, your answer helped me to install dependencies. However I could not find libc-debug (I installed libc6-dbg)
This time I got errors while building as follows:-
$ bake.py downoad

>> Searching for system dependency libc-debug - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "libc-debug" not available
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.

$ bake.py build
>> Building iperf - OK
>> Building bash - OK
>> Building thttpd - OK
>> Building wget - OK
>> Building libaspect - OK
>> Building ccnx - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "ccnx" failed

This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "ccnx" is not an essential dependency.

For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 >> Building pybindgen - OK
>> Building netanim - OK
>> Building ns-3-dev - OK
>> Building elf-loader - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "elf-loader" failed

This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "elf-loader" is not an essential dependency.

For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 >> Building dce-ns3-dev - Problem
> Error: Critical dependency, module "dce-ns3-dev" failed
For more information call Bake with --debug and/or -v, -vvv, for full verbose mode (bake --help)
bake_build
bake_build_with_vvv

Tom Henderson

Nov 1, 2019, 3:38:11 PM11/1/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 11/1/19 12:22 PM, Rohit wrote:
> Hi, your answer helped me to install dependencies. However I could not find*libc-debug *(I installed*libc6-dbg*)
> This time I got errors while building as follows:-
> *$ bake.py downoad*
>>> Searching for system dependency libc-debug - *Problem*
> > Problem: Optional dependency, module "libc-debug" not available
> This may reduce the functionality of the final build.

If you installed libc6-dbg on Ubuntu 16.04, you should have a library on
your filesystem at /usr/lib/debug/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ld-2.23.so

If so, this check should not fail.

> *$ bake.py build
> *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Building iperf - OK
> >> Building bash - OK
> >> Building thttpd - OK
> >> Building wget - OK
> >> Building libaspect - OK
> >> Building ccnx - Problem
> >*Problem:* Optional dependency, module "ccnx" failed
> This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
> However, bake will continue since "ccnx" is not an essential dependency.
> For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.
>
> >> Building pybindgen - OK
> >> Building netanim - OK
> >> Building ns-3-dev - OK
> >> Building elf-loader -*Problem*
> > Problem: Optional dependency, module "elf-loader" failed
> This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
> However, bake will continue since "elf-loader" is not an essential dependency.
> For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.
>
> >> Building dce-ns3-dev - Problem
> >*Error:* Critical dependency, module "dce-ns3-dev" failed
> For more information call Bake with --debug and/or -v, -vvv, for full verbose mode (bake --help)

If, after you remedy the above libc6-dbg issue, you still have an Error
here, please again share the -vvv information.

- Tom

Rohit

Nov 1, 2019, 3:48:04 PM11/1/19
to ns-3-users
thanks for clarifying. I will follow as specified.
BTW why DCE doesn't work with Ubuntu 19? Is it possible to do so anyhow?

Tom Henderson

Nov 1, 2019, 3:56:29 PM11/1/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 11/1/19 12:48 PM, Rohit wrote:
> thanks for clarifying. I will follow as specified.
> BTW why DCE doesn't work with Ubuntu 19? Is it possible to do so anyhow?

There have been changes to glibc in the meantime that are not
compatible, and no one has been maintaining this aspect.

I suppose it would be possible to build an older glibc (and use an older
gcc) on these newer systems, and use static linking, but I don't know
whether anyone has tried. I keep an Ubuntu 16.04 machine around to use
for DCE.

If someone wants to work on this as a project, please let us know; it
would be a much needed update.

- Tom

Rohit

Nov 2, 2019, 6:43:28 AM11/2/19
to ns-3-users
Ubuntu 16.04 shows the following on executing all above commands:-

$ bake.py download

>> Downloading iperf - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Searching for system dependency libexpat-dev - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libpcap-dev - OK

>> Downloading bash - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading thttpd - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading wget - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency pygraphviz - OK
>> Searching for system dependency python-dev - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency g++ - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency setuptools - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libgoocanvas2 - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "libgoocanvas2" not available

This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "libgoocanvas2" is not an essential dependency.

For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 >> Searching for system dependency gi-cairo - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "gi-cairo" not available

This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "gi-cairo" is not an essential dependency.

For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 >> Searching for system dependency pygobject - OK

>> Downloading libaspect - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Searching for system dependency libc - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency qt - OK

>> Downloading ccnx - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Downloading pybindgen - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading netanim - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Searching for system dependency libc-debug - OK
>> Downloading ns-3-dev - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK

>> Downloading elf-loader - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Downloading dce-meta-dev (target directory:ns-3-dce) - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
>> Downloading dce-ns3-dev (target directory:ns-3-dce) - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK

$bake.py build
>> Building iperf - OK
>> Building libaspect - OK

>> Building bash - OK
>> Building thttpd - OK
>> Building wget - OK
 >> Building ccnx - OK

>> Building pybindgen - OK
>> Building netanim - OK
>> Building ns-3-dev - OK
 >> Building elf-loader - Problem

> Problem: Optional dependency, module "elf-loader" failed
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "elf-loader" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 >> Building dce-ns3-dev -   > Error: [Errno 8] Exec format error
> Error: Critical dependency, module "dce-ns3-dev" failed

Tom Henderson

Nov 2, 2019, 11:59:33 AM11/2/19
On 11/2/19 3:43 AM, Rohit wrote:
> [...]
>

> *$bake.py build
> *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Building iperf - OK
> >> Building libaspect - OK
> >> Building bash - OK
> >> Building thttpd - OK
> >> Building wget - OK
> >> Building ccnx - OK
> >> Building pybindgen - OK
> >> Building netanim - OK
> >> Building ns-3-dev - OK
> >> Building elf-loader -*Problem*
> >*Problem:* Optional dependency, module "elf-loader" failed
> This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
> However, bake will continue since "elf-loader" is not an essential dependency.
> For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.
>
> >> Building dce-ns3-dev - >*Error: [Errno 8] Exec format error*
> > Error: Critical dependency, module "dce-ns3-dev" failed

Regarding elf-loader, I think it can be safely ignored for now; I do not
use it in my setup (and it fails to build for me). It is optional.

Regarding the Exec format error, I am not familiar with that. One thing
that came to mind is that some file systems such as mounted drives may
be mounted in a way to disallow executables; could that be the possible
cause? I would check /proc/mounts for that file system and make sure
that 'noexec' is not present on it, and remount it without noexec if so.

- Tom

Rohit

Nov 3, 2019, 12:07:29 PM11/3/19
to ns-3-users
Hi, Tom, thanks for your valuable suggestions , DCE is  now Installed successfully. I have used Ubuntu 16.04 VMware , Kernel 4.15 -29.  This time the only module failed is Elf-loader, which can be safely ignored!. Thanks again!
Message has been deleted

Rohit

Nov 3, 2019, 3:49:30 PM11/3/19
to ns-3-users
Hi, while I was building , I pressed ctrl + c to stop. when I again tried to build, I got ;-
$ bake.py build

unclosed token: line 163, column 126571

How to overcome this?

Also , what does it mean by updating wscript when new .cc and .h files  are added?

Tom Henderson

Nov 3, 2019, 9:59:36 PM11/3/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 11/3/19 12:49 PM, Rohit wrote:
Hi, while I was building , I pressed ctrl + c to stop. when I again tried to build, I got ;-
$ bake.py build

unclosed token: line 163, column 126571

How to overcome this?

I am not familiar with that error but it looks like one of your XML files may be mangled for some reason; it looks like a failure of Python to parse the bakefile.xml file.

If you remember the previous way that you configured (using bake.py), I recommend to first delete the file 'bakefile.xml' (note:: do not delete 'bakeconf.xml', just 'bakefile.xml') and then repeat your (./bake.py configure ...) command, and then retry the build.

Also , what does it mean by updating wscript when new .cc and .h files  are added?

In DCE, if you add new files, you will need to tell the build system to build them.  See the 'wscript' file in the top level DCE directory where it can be seen that build instructions for all example programs are provided.

- Tom

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Rohit

Nov 4, 2019, 12:17:22 PM11/4/19
to ns-3-users
I am facing problem; the waf configure script shows error and i can not run the examples in dce, but I have verified that DCE is working, as here:

@ubuntu~/dce/source/ns-3-dce$ ./waf configure

Setting top to : /home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce
Setting out to : /home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/build
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler) : /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for cc version : 5.4.0
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler) : /usr/bin/g++
Checking for program 'pkg-config' : /usr/bin/pkg-config
Checking for pkg-config version >= '0.0.0' : yes
Checking for -Wl,--soname=foo : yes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/.waf-1.8.19-b1fc8f7baef51bd2db4c2971909a568d/waflib/Scripting.py", line 110, in waf_entry_point
run_commands()
File "/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/.waf-1.8.19-b1fc8f7baef51bd2db4c2971909a568d/waflib/Scripting.py", line 171, in run_commands
ctx=run_command(cmd_name)
File "/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/.waf-1.8.19-b1fc8f7baef51bd2db4c2971909a568d/waflib/Scripting.py", line 162, in run_command
ctx.execute()
File "/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/.waf-1.8.19-b1fc8f7baef51bd2db4c2971909a568d/waflib/Configure.py", line 87, in execute
super(ConfigurationContext,self).execute()
File "/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/.waf-1.8.19-b1fc8f7baef51bd2db4c2971909a568d/waflib/Context.py", line 93, in execute
self.recurse([os.path.dirname(g_module.root_path)])
File "/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/.waf-1.8.19-b1fc8f7baef51bd2db4c2971909a568d/waflib/Context.py", line 134, in recurse
user_function(self)
File "/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/wscript", line 100, in configure
ns3waf.check_modules(conf, ['core', 'network', 'internet'], mandatory = True)
File "/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/ns3waf/__init__.py", line 273, in check_modules
_check_dependencies(conf, modules, mandatory)
File "/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/ns3waf/__init__.py", line 157, in _check_dependencies
pcfiles = glob.glob(conf.env['NS3_DIR'] + '/lib*/pkgconfig/' + 'libns%s*-%s-%s*'
TypeError: can only concatenate list (not "str") to list

rohit@ubuntu:~/dce/source/ns-3-dce$ ./waf

Waf: Entering directory `/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/build'

Python bindings compilation
[ 10/324] Creating build/lib/pkgconfig/libns3-dev-netlink-debug.pc
[115/324] Creating build/lib/pkgconfig/libns3-dev-dce-debug.pc
Waf: Leaving directory `/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/build'
Build commands will be stored in build/compile_commands.json
'build' finished successfully (0.401s)

rohit@ubuntu:~/dce/source/ns-3-dce$ ./waf --run example/dce-iperf
Waf: Entering directory `/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/build'

Python bindings compilation
program 'example/dce-iperf' not found; available programs are: ['dce-twin', 'myscripts/loaders-test/bin/dce-twin',
 'vdl-dce-twin', 'myscripts/loaders-test/bin/vdl-dce-twin', 'dce-tuto1', 'myscripts/tuto1/bin/dce-tuto1', 'dce-ping-mt1',
'myscripts/ping-mt1/bin/dce-ping-mt1', 'dce-emu-ping', 'myscripts/dce-emu-ping/bin/dce-emu-ping', 'dce-mt3',
 'myscripts/mt3/bin/dce-mt3', 'dce-ccn-mt1', 'myscripts/ccn-mt1/bin/dce-ccn-mt1', 'dce-ccn-vlc', 'myscripts/ccn-tap-vlc/bin/dce-ccn-vlc',
'dce-tuto3', 'myscripts/tuto3/bin/dce-tuto3', 'dce-mt2', 'myscripts/mt2/bin/dce-mt2', 'dce-tuto2', 'myscripts/tuto2/bin/dce-tuto2',
'dce-sleep', 'myscripts/sleep/bin/dce-sleep', 'dce-ping', 'myscripts/ping/bin/dce-ping', 'dce-ccn-exp1', 'myscripts/ccn-exp1/bin/dce-ccn-exp1',
 'test', './lib/test', 'dce-tcp-simple', './bin/dce-tcp-simple', 'dce-udp-simple', './bin/dce-udp-simple', 'dce-ccnd-simple', './bin/dce-ccnd-simple',
'dce-ccnd-short-stuff', './bin/dce-ccnd-short-stuff', 'dce-tap-udp-echo', './bin/dce-tap-udp-echo', 'dce-tap-ccnd', './bin/dce-tap-ccnd', 'dce-tap-vlc',
'./bin/dce-tap-vlc', 'dce-bash-simple', './bin/dce-bash-simple', 'dce-ccn-cache', './bin/dce-ccn-cache', 'dce-iperf', './bin/dce-iperf', 'dce-iperf-emulation',
'./bin/dce-iperf-emulation', 'linear-udp-perf', './bin/linear-udp-perf', 'dce-debug-aspect', './bin/dce-debug-aspect', 'test-runner', './bin/test-runner']

rohit@ubuntu:~/dce/source/ns-3-dce$ ./waf --run dce-iperf
Waf: Entering directory `/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/build'

Python bindings compilation
[ 10/324] Creating build/lib/pkgconfig/libns3-dev-netlink-debug.pc
[115/324] Creating build/lib/pkgconfig/libns3-dev-dce-debug.pc
Waf: Leaving directory `/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/build'
Build commands will be stored in build/compile_commands.json
'build' finished successfully (0.399s)

But When I am trying to run the following (even though I have copied "dumbbell-topology-cubic-variant.cc" file to examples folder) :

rohit@ubuntu:~/dce/source/ns-3-dce$ ./waf --run "dumbbell-topology-cubic-variant --stack=linux
--queue_disc_type=FifoQueueDisc --WindowScaling=true --Sack=true --stopTime=300 --delAckCount=2
--BQL=true"
Waf: Entering directory `/home/rohit/dce/source/ns-3-dce/build'

Python bindings compilation
program 'dumbbell-topology-cubic-variant' not found; available programs are: ['dce-twin', 'myscripts/loaders-test/bin/dce-twin',
[...]

I am trying to reproduce the work done here : https://gitlab.com/apoorvabhargava/tcp_testing_and_alignment
I have copied tcp-cubic.{cc,h} file into source/ns-3-dev/src/internet/model/ directory and update the wscript (I am not sure how to update wscript as there are many)
dumbbell-topology-cubic-variant.cc file in ns-3-dce/examples folder and update the wscript. (I am not sure how to update wscript as there are many)

Please help.

Rohit

Nov 4, 2019, 12:27:39 PM11/4/19
to ns-3-users

Screenshot from 2019-11-04 09-23-30.png

Please have a look at screenshot

Nataraju A B (Gmail)

Nov 5, 2019, 5:09:59 AM11/5/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
All,

Relatively new to the NS3 group. Gone through some of the earlier threads on NS3 discussions.

Can someone point me to some material to find out no. of users/nodes during the simulation.

Can I make use of FlowMonitor for this purpose?

The requirement for my work is to set /reset the Contention Window based on current node density ( in case of against BEB, reset to CWmin).

Thanks,
Nataraju A.B.

Nataraju A B (Gmail)

Nov 17, 2019, 9:03:13 AM11/17/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
If this issue has been resolved/discussed in the past, can someone throw me some pointers on the same?

Thanks,
Nataraju A.B.