Change the attributes of Voice Application in the LBT WI-FI Coexistence Module

David Cano S.

Apr 3, 2017, 10:21:40 AM4/3/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I am starting with the interaction of the LBT module, reading the documentation said
that the attributes of the VoiceApplication (PacketSize, Interval, SendEnable, Protocol ...)
can be  configurables. I would like to know if is possible to have users with different
settings of the attributes and the same class of traffic. If this is not possible I would like to
know how I can implement new classes of traffic in the simulator.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Tom Henderson

Apr 3, 2017, 6:56:50 PM4/3/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Yes this should be possible. It is not configurable at the main program
level; the voice applications are instantiated in the same way in the
scenario helper's ConfigureAndRunScenario(), so where you see statements
such as:

voiceAppSender0 = CreateObject<VoiceApplication> ();
voiceAppSender0->SetStartTime (clientStartTime);
voiceAppSender0->SetStopTime (clientStopTime);

you can edit the helper to configure different attributes as you wish.

In principle, there should be another way to do it, which is to use
Config::Set as described here:

https://www.nsnam.org/docs/manual/html/attributes.html#configstore

but the current helper performs ConfigureAndRunScenario() rather than
returning control to the main() program to allow it to insert some
Config::Set statements before calling Simulator::Run(). It would take a
bit of refactoring to do this. One of the reasons that this LAA code is
out of the main tree is because the helper is coded in a very specific
way for the 3GPP TR36.889 scenario configuration and is not very
general; it probably could use some refactoring.

- Tom