problem with setting routing to WiFi in WiFi+LTE scenario

Sohail Ahmad

Feb 5, 2017, 10:43:34 AM2/5/17
to ns-3-users

Hello Dear all,

I am working on scenario where packets are switched between LTE and WiFi on basis of PDR (packet delivery ratio). I am still learning NS-3 and programming skills. I arrange a script where packets are switch that shown by FlowMonitor, but actually I think packets are routing to LTE. I having problem to configure routing to WiFi AP. I attached my script, its not upto the standard script, but I am working on it for improvement.

I am not regular student of University, so I didn’t have anybody other than this platform for suggestion. Any kind of literature, example or previous thread would be appreciated.

campus-throughput-exp.cc

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 10, 2017, 6:41:14 PM2/10/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I see that your script is quite complex. If you have issues the very first suggestion is to simplify your script to the bare minimum (e.g., one "cell" only), and to make sure that you did initialize everything properly.
As an example, I don't think that you did assign the IP numbers to all the APs and STAs, and you totally missed the LTE devices.

Summarizing: simplify your script and double check the initializations. If you still can't figure out, post the slimmed down script and describe exactly what is the problem.

Cheers,

T.

PS: kudos for learning w/o being a regular student.

Sohail Ahmad

Feb 11, 2017, 10:58:19 AM2/11/17
to ns-3-users
Hello,
Thanks Tommaso for the reply, I slimmed down script as you suggest reduced to 1 cell only. Now I am working on to identify the problem with IP for all devices. And if i cant figure out than I will post slimmed script with proper problem description and output.

Thanks again dear for your kindness for virtual student.

Sohail Ahmad

Feb 14, 2017, 4:14:11 AM2/14/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Dear Tommaso, I tried to figure out problem by simplified script, could not been able to find solution. I want to send packets to WiFi AP (11.0.0.1) for the first second of simulation, and packets are switched between PGW (1.0.0.1) and AP (11.0.0.1). FlowMonitor showed packets are switched. I attached my simplified script and output file. I think problem is with IPv4StaticRouting configuration between remoteHost and AP.

campus-throughput-simple.cc
pdr-simple.out

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 16, 2017, 7:15:41 PM2/16/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

the problem is that remoteHost is not connected to the AP (if I didn't miss a link).
After you connect it, the switching will be possible, but you'll need to manually tell IPv4StaticRouting that your default gateway is changed.

Cheers,

T.

Sohail Ahmad

Feb 20, 2017, 9:09:47 PM2/20/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Thanks Tommaso, for the reply and solution. Yes I think you are right about the problem of AP’s connection with remoteHost. I am working on this. For second problem, should I used IPvStaticRouting part inside each application body?

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 25, 2017, 7:28:40 PM2/25/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

it depends on how much realistic you want to do your simulation.
For a quick and dirty solution, simply schedule a default route update in a loop.

T.