DCE with ns3 AODV

Denis Iovlev

Mar 3, 2015, 6:35:34 AM3/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I am trying to use DCE and want run different TCP versions with AODV protocol
Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Denis Iovlev

Mar 3, 2015, 11:21:03 AM3/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I mean using DCE-linux-stack with NS3 AODV protocol.

Denis Iovlev

Mar 4, 2015, 7:37:34 AM3/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Any help?

Richard

Mar 4, 2015, 9:12:02 AM3/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Which implementation of AODV are you trying to use?

I would suggest reading the following page.

Best,

Richard

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 12:37:34 PM UTC, Denis Iovlev wrote:
Any help?

Denis Iovlev

Mar 4, 2015, 9:42:33 AM3/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.
I want use any implementation of AODV: ns3 variant or AODV-UU.
But how add AODV-UU and ENABLE it in kernel I don't know.
Do you have experience in this area?

Thanks for link.

Richard

Mar 4, 2015, 10:14:20 AM3/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I don't have any experience personally with AODV and NS3, so this is only my opinion.

The first thing I would do, is understand how to get AODV-UU or your chosen implementation working with Linux outside of NS3. Do you need to patch existing kernel code or is it an independent module you need to compile? The documentation/steps to do this should be provided with the implementation.

Once you understand this process, it just becomes a case of applying a similar process to the net-next-sim kernel, as described in the dce in-kernel protocol documentation.

Best,

Richard

Denis Iovlev

Mar 4, 2015, 1:35:49 PM3/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I need to patch existing kernel code. I found step-by-step AODV module making manual, but dce need build in AODV.

Thank you again.

Best regards