[help] how to import sumo tracefile on ns3

陳冠全

Sep 18, 2014, 3:47:27 AM9/18/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
  hello everyone i am a new to ns3 and sumo . In the future i will try to perform a vanet
 But, First i do not know hot to import sumo trace file on ns3 and i have no idea how to make it on ns3 by its gui
 could anybody can tell me steps by steps
 i will really appreciate please !!!!

Konstantinos

Sep 18, 2014, 4:54:20 AM9/18/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I guess you found the way to do it... You need to generate NS-2 compatible trace files from SUMO using tools like traceExporter and then use the Ns2MobilityHelper class to read those trace files within NS-3.

陳冠全

Sep 18, 2014, 10:47:38 AM9/18/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
sorry for asking not clearly question
i have tried using
chenguanquandeMacBook-Pro:bin chickdcing$ ./traceExporter.py -–fcd-input hellotrace.xml -–ns2mobility-output mobhello.tcl Usage: traceExporter.py [options] traceExporter.py: error: no such option: -? however it is still not working @@ I do not really sure the reason very sorry for asking such a stupid question

Konstantinos

Sep 18, 2014, 11:02:58 AM9/18/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is not a SUMO mailing list.
Study their documentation on this tool http://sumo-sim.org/userdoc/Tools/TraceExporter.html

Just an advice, do not copy/paste the commands since there might be misinterpretation of the symbols.
It looks like the two dashes "--" before the fcd-input or ns2mobility-output are not properly interpreted.

On Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:47:27 AM UTC+1, 陳冠全 wrote:
  hello everyone i am a new to ns3 and sumo . In the future i will try to perform a vanet
 But, First i do not know hot to import sumo trace file on ns3 and i have no idea how to make it on ns3 by its gui
 could anybody can tell me steps by steps
 i will really appreciate please !!!!

陳冠全

Sep 21, 2014, 5:41:03 AM9/21/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
sorry and thank you for helping me

I have find some solutions to use traceExporter.py
Now I try to set a file to see how packet trans from sever to client

but i install the flowmonitor it didnt work
how can i figure it out?

陳冠全

Sep 21, 2014, 6:45:12 AM9/21/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
ns3-sumo.cc

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 21, 2014, 10:25:09 AM9/21/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
It's nice to know that it doesn't work. Now mind explaining what's not working? Or shall we figure out by ourself?
What do you do when you go to the doctor, you simply state that you're sick and you stare at him/her waiting or the diagnosis?

Oh, wait... you posted the code. I got it, it's a test.
It is an exam, you're the teacher and we're the students. You're giving us a non-working code and you expect that we find out what's the problem.
Are you sure you want to test us? Honestly, it's not a good idea, 99.9% of the people here will pass the grades, and the rest is too busy laughing to finish the test.

Ok. Enough jokes. All the above is a semi-serious interlude to avoid the harsh part: to tell you where is the issue in your code.
FlowMonitor is not recording anything because you did not send any packet.
Simply opening a socket doesn't means that it will transmit data by itself. You have to use an Application or to generate your own data and give it to the socket.

Sorry...

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ns-3-users.

陳冠全

Sep 22, 2014, 3:50:00 AM9/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
thank you for telling me such an important thing
I will survey more information and try to figure it put

Can i ask another question?
i have a folder netanim-3.105
and i see in this page  http://l.facebook.com/lsr.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nsnam.org%2Fwiki%2FNetAnim_3.105&ext=1411372149&hash=AcmNAJsQ4uBwW1osLDz0ZxoZ2GcSb5Wt2F_s2F51SDzrVg

and i try to use command

cd netanim-3.105
make clean
qmake NetAnim.pro  (For MAC Users: qmake -spec macx-g++ NetAnim.pro)
make

but i can not make clean
they always say command not found and make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 22, 2014, 5:30:52 AM9/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
The "make: *** No rule to make target `clean'" is not harmful, it's a warning that may happen. Not a big issue.

About the other error, I guess it's due to qmake not being found. Please check your QT installation and its manual. There are too many differences between platforms to have a decent guess on hat is your problem.

陳冠全

Sep 22, 2014, 9:17:09 AM9/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
is it this place to download QT tools http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/install-mac.html

i want to say thank you for u to tell me lots of things i do not know

this is my first time learn ns3

there are still many things i have to learn

i will try hard thank you

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 22, 2014, 2:02:05 PM9/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
A Mac... I should have guessed.

I'm not are if you need both the normal and debug libraries.

Moreover, there's a problem in qmake (at least in the library I have): it doesn't produce the necessary "makefile".
One easy solution is to use Xcode. There's a handy "NetAnim.xcodeproj" in the netamin directory. use that one in Xcode and build Netanim. It works.

Hope this helps,

T.

PS: I said I had to know because I use a Mac too.

陳冠全

Sep 22, 2014, 11:08:11 PM9/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

can you tell me more detail about how to use "a handy "NetAnim.xcodeproj" in the netamin directory. use that one in Xcode and build Netanim. "

I have no idea about that

I have already installed xcode.

陳冠全

Sep 23, 2014, 1:18:21 AM9/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
i dont know why but i just install macport

and i can use

hg clone http://code.nsnam.org/netanim

this command

however i still cant use qmake

John Abraham

Sep 23, 2014, 9:18:03 AM9/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
sorry for the late reply. NetAnim is a Qt application.

If qmake is not in your standard path, it is recommended to install QtCreator.

and qt libraries

If you can run any examples within QtCreator, you can open "NetAnim.pro" under Open-project in Qt Creator and build it.

john

陳冠全

Sep 26, 2014, 3:19:19 AM9/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
thank you for really kind help

i know questions what i askes looks so stupid

I want to thank everyone who help me

I finally finish to build a picture on netanim and export sumo trace file

However i have another i just try to figure it out

how can i choose any node to be a server or client and send packet

in this file i can not exactly move my node  and control my node to send packet
sumo-ani.cc

陳冠全

Sep 26, 2014, 4:30:43 AM9/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

chenguanquandeMacBook-Pro:trace_sumo_ns3 chickdcing$ sumo -c hello.sumo.cfg

Warning: Environment variable SUMO_HOME is not set, schema resolution will use slow website lookups.

Error: markup declaration expected

 In file 'example.rou.xml'

 At line/column 2/3.

Quitting (on error).

can i ask another question
i try to change sumo flow.xml
and i try to config sumo.cfg
but i see this message

how can i do now

Konstantinos

Sep 26, 2014, 5:02:03 AM9/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

These are SUMO-related issues. Ask the SUMO mailing list.

Konstantinos

Sep 26, 2014, 5:06:33 AM9/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps you haven't fully understood your own code.

On Friday, September 26, 2014 8:19:19 AM UTC+1, 陳冠全 wrote:
thank you for really kind help

i know questions what i askes looks so stupid

I want to thank everyone who help me

I finally finish to build a picture on netanim and export sumo trace file

However i have another i just try to figure it out

how can i choose any node to be a server or client and send packet

This line installs the echoServer application on the second node (c.Get(1)).
ApplicationContainer serverApps = echoServer.Install (c.Get (1));

You can change that and add any other node you like. Similarly for your echoClient application.

in this file i can not exactly move my node  and control my node to send packet

What do you mean move and control?
The movement of the nodes is related to the SUMO trace file you have included.