Mode Switching - D2D Mode and Access Point Mode in WiFi

Moon.Cricker

Aug 31, 2016, 9:32:26 AM8/31/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Folks,

I want to implement an idea of mode switching between Access Point mode and D2D mode in WiFi. When transmit packets from one node to another, it can switch between Access Point Mode and Device to Device Mode by analyzing the packet transmitting performance.

For example:
1. if the source and destination nodes are close with each other, they can communicate directly so that to help the Access Point offload.
2. If the source and destination is far away, they can use the Access Point mode to ensure the packets being transmitted successfully.

May I know how can I start and how to implement this mechanism?

Thanks so much!

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 1, 2016, 6:55:37 PM9/1/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

the idea is nice, but you'll have to face two min sub-issues:
1) Does the standard foresee a fast switching between ad-hoc and infrastructure mode ? (answer: no, registering to an AP is slow), and
2) How two nodes can know if they are close enough ?

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, mind. I'm just suggestion to study its feasibility and how to do it with pen and paper, and switch to simulations after you're sure you have a good procedure outlined.

Cheers,

T.

zhujin6...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2018, 9:01:51 PM11/25/18
to ns-3-users
Hello, have you implemented your idea in D2D by NS3? I am very interested about D2D communication but I dont konw how to use NS3 to impement. Can you contact me and send me the source code if you can.

在 2016年8月31日星期三 UTC+8下午9:32:26,Moon.Cricker写道: