WiFi Interference

Anagha Thakur

May 30, 2018, 3:54:48 AM5/30/18
to ns-3-users
Dear all,

I want to simulate WiFi interference effect. Hence I have placed two WiFi Ap-Sta pairs at different distances to find out throughput values.
Out of these two link pairs, one pair acts as a Interfering link and another where I am detecting received throughput values per 100ms.

I am using WiFi 802.11ac and I have used Udp application on Interfering link and Tcp on other link.
I have used YansWiFi Model and set CcaMode1Threshold as -65 and EnergyDetectionThreshold as -62.
I am using Friis Propagation model and I have used ConstantRateWifiManager with DataMode as VhtMcs9 and ControlMode as VhtMcs0.

With this settings, when I keep the distance between these two links as about 20m, I get zero throughput values in all the intervals.
I would like to know if I am missing any configuration in order to receive some throughput values although there is interference.

I know that until certain distance, due to CSMA/CA I get loss in throughput since the nodes sense another transmission and hence avoid interference. I want to see the Interference effect on the throughput performance of WiFi.

Thanks!!

- Anagha