Tap-Bridge Routing

Haitao Zhu

Jun 20, 2022, 12:31:02 PM6/20/22
to ns-3-users
Hi all,
I'm planning to increase the complexity of the NS3 tap-bridge example such as:

My topology looks like:
Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 10.50.27 AM.png

I check with other post and used
           Ipv4GlobalRoutingHelper::PopulateRoutingTables ();

When I attach into the container that tap-bridged with node 0, I can ping node 1-3 under subnet 10.1.1.0/24. And Wireshark shows proper package transformation. But any attempt to ping node under different subnet 10.1.2.0/24 or 10.1.3.0 gets "ping: connect: Network is unreachable".

I checked ns3 tutorial https://www.nsnam.org/doxygen/third_8cc.html. If I replace the tap-bridge modules to UdpEchoClient and UdpEchoServer modules, the log shows the simulation works fine.

I am new to network and NS3. My goal is to establish communication between node 0 and node 6. Should I make some special route on node 3 and node 4 to make this setup work?

Best,
Haitao
Message has been deleted

Tiago Sousa

Jul 5, 2024, 6:22:42 AMJul 5
to ns-3-users
Hi, Im a Portuguese Master Degree Student and i am facing the same problem.
I am working with Docker and i cannot ping other networks when the tap-brige is on, but the simulation works fine when it's off.

Did you find any solution?

Best,
Tiago Sousa