Error when debug by eclipse

jame....@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2017, 5:11:14 AM1/17/17
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I configured eclipse to run ns3. It's k.

I also try to debug by gdb command line myfirst.cc( orginal file is first.cc). It's ok.

But when I debug from eclipse, I meet message:

"No source available for "main() at 0x40fdfc" "

Please help me fix this problem

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 18, 2017, 8:00:20 PM1/18/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Try the following link: http://bfy.tw/9Yl2
The debugging option is set with "./waf configure"

T.

jame....@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2017, 3:07:59 AM1/24/17
to ns-3-users
HI Tommaso Pecorella,

Before I raise this question, I search on google as your said.

But I can't find the useful solution for my case.

So If you know the solution, please help me. I really don't know how to do next.

For more detail, here is my waf configure command:

CXXFLAGS="-std=c++11" ./waf configure -d debug --build-profile=debug --out=build/debug --with-pybindgen=/home/bill/Desktop/workspace/ns-allinone-3.24/pybindgen-0.17.0.post41+ngd10fa60 --enable-mpi --enable-static

Rediet

Jan 24, 2017, 10:56:37 AM1/24/17
to ns-3-users
Hello,

Have you tried configuring it according to what's posted on the Wiki (while of course changing the destination file to yours, i.e. the copy in the scratch folder)? I just tested a similar configuration in debug mode in Eclipse and it works fine.

BR,

Rediet

jame....@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2017, 1:31:27 AM1/26/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Rediet & all,

I followed the guide in tutorial. It work well.

But as I wrote above,  It not work if i reconfig waf as below:

CXXFLAGS="-std=c++11" ./waf configure --build-profile=debug

But I need std=c++11 to run an exist library that I want to work.

Anybody that know the solution, please give me advise.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Jame

pdbarnes

Jan 26, 2017, 12:34:15 PM1/26/17
to ns-3-users
With ns-3 versions since about May 2016 you shouldn't have to configure c++11 explicitly since that's the default.

Peter

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 29, 2017, 8:11:39 PM1/29/17
to ns-3-users
In other words... upgrade your ns-3. It's also one of the first things suggested in the posting guidelines.

T.

jame....@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2017, 2:08:05 AM2/5/17
to ns-3-users
I'm using ns3-2.6 (newest version).

And I can't run a lib in my code if i don't have configure c++11.

Please help me solve this issue.