What does fair coexistence mean in laa?

John Young

Nov 23, 2016, 10:25:50 PM11/23/16
to ns-3-users
if laa devices and wifi devices have the same transmit power and antenna gain,  why does wifi hold a ed threshold of -62 dBm while laa holds a ed of -72dBm. That would cause laa to back off more frequently than wifi nodes. Since both use similar back off schemes, is the scheduling granularity the reason to do so?

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 25, 2016, 5:25:30 PM11/25/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I guess that there's more params to be considered. moreover, I'm not sure that the ed threshold is strictly defined by the standard.

T.

Tom Henderson

Nov 25, 2016, 7:17:46 PM11/25/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
The short answer is that the technologies access the channel differently
(for instance, Wi-Fi backs off to Wi-Fi at -82 dBm or lower), and there
were many studies conducted on varying the LAA energy detection
threshold to achieve the desired fairness properties. There is a lot of
literature on this topic in the form of 3GPP RAN1 contributions during
2015 calendar year (3GPP contributions are publicly available; see for
instance R1-152936).

- Tom

John Young

Nov 26, 2016, 4:37:27 AM11/26/16
to ns-3-users
Ok, thanks.

在 2016年11月26日星期六 UTC+8上午8:17:46,Tom Henderson写道:

John Young

Nov 26, 2016, 4:47:28 AM11/26/16
to ns-3-users
Ok, thanks .

在 2016年11月26日星期六 UTC+8上午6:25:30,Tommaso Pecorella写道: