Can I modify the wifi module to achieve the MTC random access congestion control underlying the LTE

songlj

Dec 31, 2015, 3:22:41 AM12/31/15
to ns-3-users
I want to simulate the random access procedure in LTE for MTC/M2M, but I can't find the appropriate module.Therefore,I want to modify the wifi module,and I don't know whether it is feasible or not? Can anybody help me ?

Konstantinos

Dec 31, 2015, 4:26:31 AM12/31/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

No, your approach is not correct. WiFi and LTE are completely different systems.
As a matter of fact, LTE module in NS-3 does have random access model implemented.

Regards,
K.

songlj

Jan 1, 2016, 5:54:28 AM1/1/16
to ns-3-users
Thank you for your reply and advice. Maybe I need to modify the random access procedure according to the congestion control algorithm and I think it is so complicated. what's your view on  the feasibility? And does it exist  another simulation tool which is better to solve my problem?

在 2015年12月31日星期四 UTC+8下午5:26:31,Konstantinos写道:

Konstantinos

Jan 2, 2016, 12:40:13 PM1/2/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

There is a very detailed presentation about LTE RACH (https://prezi.com/likwdk7dksmj/ns-3-lte-random-access-procedure/).
I would suggest you study that along with the ns-3 manual.