How to get time spent doing backoff into wireless simulation

Sameer

Apr 23, 2014, 2:23:23 AM4/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
As the subject says...I want to get values of how long a node spends doing backoff in a particular time period in my simulation which has wlan nodes. I havent a clue as to how i might go about doing this...any pointers wil be appreciated....

Thanks y'all

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 23, 2014, 3:01:16 PM4/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as far as I know, there's no specific trace logging the time the node spent in backoff state.
You can add your own tho. I guess you want to check the classes DcfManager and DcfState, they should be the ones managing the backoffs.

Cheers,

T.