Remote station manager tx failed callback

Denis Iovlev

Mar 30, 2015, 10:58:49 AM3/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I am trying to connect to a trace source "MacTxFinalDataFailed" of WifiRemoteStationManager
with help of Config: Config::ConnectWithoutContext("/NodeList/*/DeviceList/*/$ns3::WifiRemoteStationManager/MacTxFinalDataFailed";, MakeBoundCallback (&HandleTxFailed, file)). But callback is not being called.Could you help me?

Thanks.

Konstantinos

Mar 30, 2015, 11:05:53 AM3/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure that there is an event that should fire this callback? Meaning, is there a Tx Failure identified by the WifiRemoteStationManager?

Denis Iovlev

Mar 30, 2015, 11:20:13 AM3/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I am sure, there is an event of tx final failed. I did source code tracing and found that  m_callbackList has 1 element, which has next pointer to itself.

Denis Iovlev

Mar 30, 2015, 11:33:33 AM3/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
m_callbackList has no pointers to callbacks.

Sebastien Deronne

Mar 30, 2015, 3:51:56 PM3/30/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure you have enough failures such that the number of retries does reach the maximum SLRC?

If and only if this condition is fulfilled, this will work (never used the MakeBoundCallback so far):
Config::Connect ("/NodeList/*/DeviceList/*/RemoteStationManager/MacTxFinalDataFailed", MakeCallback (&HandleTxFailed))

Denis Iovlev

Mar 31, 2015, 9:37:33 AM3/31/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your line of code. It works.

Sebastien Deronne

Apr 1, 2015, 8:00:18 AM4/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Great!