VSimRTI and Lena

jinyif...@outlook.com

Mar 28, 2017, 4:33:27 AM3/28/17
to ns-3-users
Dear all,

Hi, I wonder if some experts here have ever integrated Ns-3 with VsimRTI? It seems VsimRTI is build  for 802.11p and I wonder if someone have tried integrated with LTE (Lena). If so, how could you deal with the smart pointer? I had a bit trouble in working with it, as the document of VsimRTI didn't provide a guidance  may you have any example works?

Any comment or reference is widely welcomed!

B.R.
Yifei Jin

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 1, 2017, 12:43:44 PM4/1/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

you should ask VsimRTI, isn't it ?

Anyway from the VsimRTI website:
For immediate use, a set of simulators is already coupled with VSimRTI, for example:
- the traffic simulators SUMO and PHABMACS;
- the communication simulators ns-3, OMNeT++, JiST/SWANS, and VSimRTI_cell (cellular communication);

Now, I don't want to point out that it's their main page, but...

Anyway, we can't provide guidance on stuff that it's not ns-3.
I think you should ask the VsimRTI community rather than ns-3.

Cheers,

T.

jinyif...@outlook.com

Apr 3, 2017, 3:48:37 AM4/3/17
to ns-3-users
Hi! Tommaso,

I have asked them so, while the answer is unfortunately they haven't built anything for Ue-eNodeB-different network, They implement every node with same stack.

I would like to try my luck here and see if anyone ever tried, but It seem I will do by my own then.

Thanks anyway,
Yifei Jin

在 2017年4月1日星期六 UTC+2下午6:43:44,Tommaso Pecorella写道:

Konstantinos

Apr 3, 2017, 4:22:09 AM4/3/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I haven't tried VSimRTI with LTE, however I have used it both with internal (SWANS) and external (ns-3) network simulator (the WiFi part).
As far as I remember, the use of NetDevice should not be a burden in your simulation, as the VSimRTI guys said, they use the same stack on top of that (Application/Network).
VSimRTI controls the mobility of the nodes (through the interface with SUMO), the traffic generation (through the Java ApplicationSimulator) and it uses network simulators to achieve communication. I don't know how you would install a VSimRTI application in a 'remote host' though. Haven't seen such scenario. It would be only V2V and V2I (road side unit)

Regards

jinyif...@outlook.com

Apr 3, 2017, 10:56:13 AM4/3/17
to ns-3-users
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

As far as I understand, if the 'remote host' can not be done in VsimRTI, so can't the simulation in core network (suppose the lena-simple-emu.cc case) e done?

B.R.
Yifei
在 i年4月3日星期一 UTC+2上午10:22:09,Konstantinos写道: