TCP in MANET

Denis Iovlev

Feb 24, 2015, 5:56:01 AM2/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I want to explore TCP behaviour in MANET.
I wrote script and enabled RTS/CTS for hidden terminal problem solution.
But simulation results are better then RTS/CTS is OFF.
When I use RTS/CTS there is 30 seconds gap in transmission and rx total bytes is smaller then RTS/CTS is OFF.

I have done two simulations with ACK and SEQ number tracing:
1. With RTC/CTS:
    - client side output SEQ_num - pic. 1
    - server side input SEQ_num - pic. 2
    - server side output ACK_num - pic. 3
    - client side input ACK_num - pic. 4
1. Without RTC/CTS:
    - client side output SEQ_num - pic. 5
    - server side input SEQ_num - pic. 6
    - server side output ACK_num - pic. 7
    - client side input ACK_num - pic. 8

What is problem?

Ns-3.22 is used.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
script.cc

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 24, 2015, 7:34:19 AM2/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it seems like the node did loose a route and had to wait a timeout.
Check the pcap files for hints.

T.

Denis Iovlev

Feb 27, 2015, 8:13:22 AM2/27/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.

Mishfad Shaikh Veedu

Oct 4, 2016, 5:01:52 AM10/4/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I want to implement TCP (using ack/nack to track packets) with AODV routing protocol in MANETs. I modified the code "script.cc" of Denis Lovlev to accommodate more number of nodes and mobility (random waypoint mobility model). But I am not getting the expected output.

My doubts are:
1) Does the TcpServer, TcpClient applications in his code use ack/nack? I felt the "TcpClient::SendPacket" method works as UDP. Where does ack/nack come into the picture?
2) Does AODV support TCP?
3) If AODV does not support TCP, where should I make changes to accommodate TCP in AODV?

Thanks in advance,
Mishfad.

Tommaso Pecorella

Oct 4, 2016, 11:19:41 AM10/4/16
to ns-3-users
Answers in-line.

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 11:01:52 AM UTC+2, Mishfad S. V. wrote:
Hi,

I want to implement TCP (using ack/nack to track packets) with AODV routing protocol in MANETs. I modified the code "script.cc" of Denis Lovlev to accommodate more number of nodes and mobility (random waypoint mobility model). But I am not getting the expected output.

Your expectations could not be the right.

My doubts are:
1) Does the TcpServer, TcpClient applications in his code use ack/nack? I felt the "TcpClient::SendPacket" method works as UDP. Where does ack/nack come into the picture?

They're implemented inside the TCP layer. You do not have to see them at application layer.

2) Does AODV support TCP?

Of course it does.

3) If AODV does not support TCP, where should I make changes to accommodate TCP in AODV?

No change is necessary.

T.

Mishfad S V

Oct 7, 2016, 6:06:21 AM10/7/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much! I am receiving the data properly now :).

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Thanks and regards,
Mishfad

Mishfad S V

Oct 17, 2016, 5:35:16 AM10/17/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to add customized ack/nack to the transmitted packets, rather than using TCP ack/nack. My plan is to edit the files which takes care of TCP ack/nack in NS-3. I tried looking for the file which performs ACK/NACK in TCP; but could not find out how exactly the NS-3 does that.

Could you please help me to find how NS-3 takes care of ACK/NACK in TCP? If you could tell me where to search, it might help me.

Tommaso Pecorella

Oct 18, 2016, 8:10:20 PM10/18/16
to ns-3-users
Please use a new thread.