Re: Throughput/Latency measure doubt (OnOffApplication)

Message has been deleted

Tommaso Zugno

Jun 11, 2019, 4:22:39 AM6/11/19
to ns-3-users
Hi,

In the throughput equation you should divide by 1000 to get the value in kbps (1 Mbps = 1000 kbps, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data-rate_units).
It depends on your goal, if you want to evaluate the average throughput during the entire simulation you should consider the off period too.
The equation for the latency is ok as long as delaySum is in seconds.

Best,
Tommaso

Il giorno giovedì 6 giugno 2019 19:18:26 UTC+2, Giacomo Segala ha scritto:
Hi everyone,
I have to measure throughput and latency in my system (I use FlowMonitor to calculate the measures).
I use OnOffApplication to send packets from a node to another, OffTime and OnTime are both equal to 30 seconds. The equation I use for throughput is: throughput = ((rxBytes * 8.0)/(timeLastRxPacket - timeFirstRxPackets))/1024 (to have kbps). Since the application sends packets for 30 seconds, then it stops for 30 seconds, and then it sends again packets for other 30 seconds, the measure timeLastRxPackets - timeFirstRxPackets includes also the 30 seconds the application doesn't send packets. Is it correct the measure? Or should I discard those 30 seconds?
The equation for latency I use is: latency = (delaySum / rxPackets)*1000 (to have ms). Can someone confirm this equation?
Thanks a lot in advance
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted