L3RPTrace for static vs mobile scenario

Osama Gazali

Dec 15, 2014, 8:55:12 AM12/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Helper,

I am running scratch code of static scenario ( NODES OF TYPE VEHICLEWAVE 802.11P but not moving) and i called back reception function. I calculate the inter reception time. This is fine.

the issue is when i make nodes mobile according to mobility model, L3RPTrace is not called and thus no inter reception time have been generated.

what i miss according to the description

thanks

Konstantinos

Dec 15, 2014, 9:16:12 AM12/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Osama,

If I understand correctly, L3RPTrace is a trace source (callback) you are using to trace received packets at the Network Layer, am I correct?
Can you please clarify, does this trace trigger on all packets?  Only on local delivery packets, or also forward?

An now, you say that this does not fire when you use mobile nodes, compared to static ones, right?

How do you introduce mobility? Are you using the same PositionAllocator (i.e. same initial positions) as in the static scenario and instead of ConstantPosition model you use ConstantSpeed or some other model?
Or have you used entirely different approach by loading mobility trace files (e.g. using Ns2MobilityHelper)?

Please check:
a) If your trace fires only on local-delivered packets (i.e. final destination, no forward) is there a valid path end-to-end in the new scenario?
b) If your trace fires also on forwarded packets, again are the nodes within communication range?

Osama Gazali

Dec 15, 2014, 9:29:01 AM12/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for answering

yes you are right. it is trigger on all packets. it is on local delivery.

it is exactly the same code except using constantvelocitymobilitymodel and simplefreeway as position allocator instead ofhardcoded the position of nodes. my scenario is one-hope.

Osama Gazali

Dec 15, 2014, 9:30:56 AM12/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
my understanding is that as sson as packet have been received, source and destination Id is dervied from
c2cheader. does making cars moving require other changes in the code

Konstantinos

Dec 15, 2014, 10:13:03 AM12/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Osama,

From your answer, I get that you are not using the 'default' NS-3 tree but a modified version (iTETRIS).
So, any help we can give is purely on what we think might be the case, since we do not have the same code.

See some comments below.

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Osama Gazali <gazalimoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for answering

yes you are right. it is trigger on all packets. it is on local delivery.

What is it? All packets or local delivery? They may be different if you have unicast packets.

it is exactly the same code except using constantvelocitymobilitymodel and simplefreeway as position allocator instead ofhardcoded the position of nodes. my scenario is one-hope.

Then they are not the same scenarios!  Perhaps the communication part is the same, but their initial positions are not.
Try using SimpleFreeway as allocator and ConstantPositionMobility. See if in that scenario you get receptions.

On Monday, December 15, 2014 1:55:12 PM UTC, Osama Gazali wrote:
Dear Helper,

I am running scratch code of static scenario ( NODES OF TYPE VEHICLEWAVE 802.11P but not moving) and i called back reception function. I calculate the inter reception time. This is fine.

the issue is when i make nodes mobile according to mobility model, L3RPTrace is not called and thus no inter reception time have been generated.

what i miss according to the description

thanks

Osama Gazali

Dec 15, 2014, 10:20:02 AM12/15/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com