creating static sink nodes in VANET

Manu Gupta

May 23, 2020, 12:11:07 AM5/23/20
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,
I am new to ns3 and having some trouble with code. In the example file vanet-routing-compare.cc provided with ns3, the sinks are being created on the mobile nodes. I am trying to create static sink nodes like an RSU. Can someone guide me how it can be done?
Thanks in advance.

Edivaldo

May 23, 2020, 7:03:05 PM5/23/20
to ns-3-users
Hi, Manu.

I am also coding this process. However, I haven't finished it yet.

See the posts below:
From the great colleague Scarpenter, creator of this excellent code:

RSUs from colleague George:

This one I haven't tested yet:

To the best of my knowledge, you should establish two network devices (interfaces) for your RSUs. Set up another mobility model, but being static and without movements. Also keeping this as (sink node) with SOCKET UDP, as per vanet-routing-compare.

I hope it works.

Health and peace.

Graciously,
Edivaldo