Use of CoAP Protocol

ashvini vyavhare

Jun 23, 2015, 1:28:06 AM6/23/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I need to use CoAP protocol in my simulation for message exchange. As NS-3 doesn't have CoAP, I was thinking of integrating C Implementation - libcoap using DCE. I have not used DCE yet. Right now going through the documentation, some examples and trying to understand it's use.

If I create some nodes in simulation and have external application to send and receive CoAP messages, will I be able to use these two together using DCE?
It will be helpful if somebody can give any guidelines for such simulation.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashvini

Hajime Tazaki

Jun 25, 2015, 6:50:32 AM6/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

At Mon, 22 Jun 2015 22:28:06 -0700 (PDT),
you might start with a tutorial to support new application
on top of DCE.

https://www.nsnam.org/docs/dce/manual/html/dce-user-newapps.html

an application is somehow 'directly executed' on a
(simulated) node as if it is running on a usual operating
system. so, the answer to your question would be 'yes'.

see the example of iperf at the document.

-- Hajime

shruthitup

Jan 13, 2016, 5:51:02 AM1/13/16
to ns-3-users

hi
can you elaborate the steps in using coap with ns-3 with the use of dce and libcoap

Korlepara Ratnamala

Jan 14, 2016, 5:20:00 AM1/14/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

We wanted to use CoAP protocol with ns3 simulator for our project. Can you give us steps to use CoAP with the help of DCE and libcoap?