AODV routing protocol class in ns3

Mohamed Nazir

Apr 25, 2015, 10:02:14 AM4/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi I am working on a project that simulates and detects a black hole agent in an AODV routing protocol in a MANET. I am using the ns3 simulator, I wanted someone who has previously worked on a similar issue to tell me how the aodv-routing-protocol.cc works and explain it so that I can do the necessary modifications. I am begging you please help. Thank you in advance

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 25, 2015, 12:08:04 PM4/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

despite the willingness to help, it's kinda impossible to explain in detail how a specific module works.
The best advice is to study the documentation and the code.
For a general discussion on how IP and routing protocol work in ns-3, see the manual: https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/internet-models.html
There is also a specific section about AODV (https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/aodv.html) but it's far from complete. I'd suggest to read the AODV RFC instead (https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3561.txt): the module is modeled after it.

About the black hole attack in particular, it has been discussed previously in the group, you can search for the relevant threads.

Have fun,

Mohit P. Tahiliani

Apr 25, 2015, 12:36:22 PM4/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
A patch that simulates the black hole attack with AODV in MANETs is provided on the following link:

Detection of the attack, however, is not implemented in that patch because the approach varies from researcher to researcher.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Mohit P. Tahiliani

Mohamed Nazir

Apr 25, 2015, 7:35:24 PM4/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your reply but can you just explain roughly to me how the flow is going what happens when the node requests a route what kind of packet is sent through which function call. I know I am being a bit pushing but I am really screwed !!

Mohamed Nazir

Apr 25, 2015, 8:30:08 PM4/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I have figured out how to simulate a black hole agent however I am struggling in implementing the jelly fish attack. And something else that I really need is a simple technique on detecting the black hole agent.
Thank you very much I know am asking too much sorry (A)

Manoj Paul

Jan 18, 2020, 8:28:50 AM1/18/20
to ns-3-users
Hello Tommaso,
     I tried to move the static nodes but code shown some error during compile time. I would like to know if  you have the AODV code  with you know where you handled the Randomwaymobility.