NS-3.42 Simulation Error: Cannot install a root queue disc on a device already having one. Delete the existing queue disc first."

Linux Chima

Jul 15, 2024, 8:23:04 AM (7 days ago) Jul 15
to ns-3-users
Good day everyone. Thank you for your good works here.

I am working on a project that compares the performance of DCTCP and CUBIC congestion control algorithms in a data center environment using metrics such as Latency, Bandwidth utilization and Incast tolerance.
However, when I try to simulate the C++ code, I receive the following error: "aborted. cond="ndi->second.m_rootQueueDisc", msg="Cannot install a root queue disc on a device already having one. Delete the existing queue disc first.", +0.000000000s -1"

I am using NS-3.42 environment.

I have attached a section of my code which deals with QueueDisc. I am happy to provide any further sections of my code if required.

Please is there anyone who can help look into this and advise me?

Thank you for helping out,
Linux

Traffic Control & ECN Section.odt

Tom Henderson

Jul 15, 2024, 12:21:32 PM (7 days ago) Jul 15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
See the program examples/tcp/tcp-linux-reno.cc (line 244) for an example of how to customize the queue disc type in a TCP simulation (there are also other similar examples that do this).

- Tom
--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Message has been deleted

Linux Chima

Jul 16, 2024, 4:48:10 PM (6 days ago) Jul 16
to ns-3-users
Thank you Tom, I will check the program examples/tcp/tcp-linux-reno.cc (line 244) and provide and update ...