Shiv Shankar

Apr 19, 2020, 6:32:30 PM4/19/20
to ns-3-users

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I noticed something strange in my simulation. Though I was unable to solve this issue, I was able to find the scenario that caused this issue. I recreated this scenario on my script and have attached it below.

NS-3 Version: ns3-dev (Installed a month ago)

STA: Wifi Station

AP: Wifi Access Point

Background: We have 5 wifi stationary (fixed position) AP nodes placed at an even amount of distance from each other. We have 1 STA node which will move from AP 1 to AP 5 (back to) AP 1 to AP5 (back to) AP 1 using Waypoint Mobility Model. Here, the STA device will auto associate with AP from time to time which is the default by NS-3 (StaWifiMac). All WIFI devices are set fixed range of 40 meters using RangePropagationLossModel.

When STA associates with an AP, it'll start transferring data through the TCP protocol.

Expected: The STA will successfully associate with any AP in the range from time to time and successfully transfers data through TCP.

What we got: We did get the expected results but only for "some time". When the STA device reaches back to AP 1 (simulation time around 120s), it DOES NOT transfer any data to this AP device. Though it was initially working the way it should, this behavior was unexpected.

Goal: We wanted to build a simulation where STA devices will associate with AP devices from time to time and transfer any amount of data successfully.

I had gone through the documentation and done rigorous debugging. Unfortunately, I was unable to figure out why this is happening this way.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Shiv.

ns3_wifi_issue.cc

Shiv Shankar

Apr 30, 2020, 8:26:26 AM4/30/20
to ns-3-users
BUMP. It's been 10 days. I'm still looking to fix this wifi packet transfer issue. Thank You.