How to generate openflow pcaps?

Kam

Jul 16, 2015, 7:21:37 PM7/16/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am a NS3 newbie. I am trying to understand the Openflow example script(openflow-switch.cc)

I enabled pcap tracing in the example but do not see any Openflow messages in the pcap(using wireshark and tcpdump):

  //
  // Also configure some tcpdump traces; each interface will be traced.
  // The output files will be named:
  //     openflow-switch-<nodeId>-<interfaceId>.pcap
  // and can be read by the "tcpdump -r" command (use "-tt" option to
  // display timestamps correctly)
  //
  csma.EnablePcapAll ("openflow-switch", false);

Am I doing something wrong?  Is Pcap tracing not supported for Openflow messages in NS3?

Please help!