Transitions between linux and ns-3 network stack functions in DCE (HWMP to ARP callback case)

Samet Tonyalı

Apr 10, 2017, 8:10:38 PM4/10/17
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I developed a middle layer between HWMP and ARP, and defined a callback from hwmp-protocol.cc to that layer. This callback is linked to a function that calls another callback to arp-l3-protocol.cc (hwmp -> middle_layer -> arp). However, it seems arp protocol is completely implemented in linux stack because some arp functions (arp-l3-protocol.cc) crash since the required fields (e.g., m_cacheList) are not created.

At that point, I think I need to know what functions in the kernel stack are called for arp operations that are implemented in arp-l3-protocol.cc/h and arp-cache.cc/h files. Is there anyone who tried to do something similar or implemented something new in the kernel for DCE.

Thanks in advance.

Samet

Samet Tonyalı

Apr 11, 2017, 8:59:04 PM4/11/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, Hajime Tazaki
Hi Hajime,

I wanted to CC you to this e-mail in case you missed it. Can you give me some advice about this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Samet

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting