How to implement an virtual wall to block communication between two nodes.

Sean Brady

Nov 13, 2018, 6:31:55 PM11/13/18
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,

I am doing an ns3 project for my graduate research. I had built a map that allows me to broadcast message packets among nodes. I am looking for a way to block any communication within a certain area. So two nodes place with each side of the area cannot directly communicate with each other. Is there any model that I can apply? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

pdbarnes

Nov 14, 2018, 10:27:17 AM11/14/18
to ns-3-users
I assume you’re using some wireless technology? Then the main (only?) lever you have is the propagation model. You could write a custom PropagationLossModel which attenuated the signal severely for paths across your boundary. Couple that with a reasonable error model and you’re done.

That’s what the building model does, of course, so even simpler might be to insert a fake building, representing your boundary region, and set its attenuation very high.

Peter

Sean Brady

Nov 15, 2018, 5:26:22 PM11/15/18
to ns-3-users
Thank you so much Peter. I was trying to implement a fake building but I cannot present it by the visualizer. Can the visualizer display a building?