NSC attributes doesn't exist for scripts running from /scratch folder.

Ahmed

Jun 13, 2016, 4:48:28 AM6/13/16
to ns-3-users
Hello,
I am using nsc-0.5.3 with ns-3-dev 3.23 to test different tcp versions. I used the simple example "tcp-nsc-lfn" from examples/tcp to ensure the functionality of nsc. The problem is, if I run this script directly from the examples folder, it runs properly and allows me to change the tcp version using the "net.ipv4.tcp.congestion_control" in
 Config::Set ("/NodeList/*/$ns3::Ns3NscStack<linux2.6.26>/net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control", StringValue (tcpver)). but if I run the same script from the scratch folder it doesn't accept the "net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control" attribute with the following onle of the following error messages ( the error messages alternate each run).

printk[0]: 0.000000) <4>nsc_convert_syserr_to_nscerr: Unhandled error number -1
msg
="setting net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control to hybla failed (retval -1 stack linux2.6.26", file=../src/internet/model/nsc-sysctl.cc, line=151
terminate called without an active exception

or
msg="Attribute name=net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control does not exist for this object: tid=ns3::Ns3NscStack<linux2.6.26>", file=../src/core/model/object-base.cc, line=198

the second error message appears for all other linux
2.6.26 attributes (net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps, net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling, etc.). and it works only from the scratch folder if I commented all lines that sets the attributes for linux2.6.26.

I found there was a similar old bug reported here, but still I can't figure out the solution since I am using ubuntu14.04 x64 with gcc-4.9.

Looking forward for your advices,
Thank you in advance.
Ahmed

Ahmed

Jun 16, 2016, 12:09:41 PM6/16/16
to ns-3-users
Ok, I have figured out the problem. Seems that it is related to Openflow. since I have OF module is enabled, and the scratch folder is built against all_modules, so it creates this problem. On the other hand, examples are built against specific modules only (/examples/tcp/wscript).
Now the question is, how I can use both NSC & Openflow in my setup script ? is it a bug or there is any known incompatibility issue.
any suggestions/ hints can be useful.

Cheers,

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 16, 2016, 12:16:11 PM6/16/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

as far as I know there's no known incompatibility. As a consequence, I'd say that it's a bug.
If you have a simple example, please fill a bug in bugzilla and attack the example.

Thanks,

T.

Ahmed

Jun 16, 2016, 7:45:00 PM6/16/16