Tx Power Control

Krishna Bharadwaj

Jan 4, 2017, 3:02:19 AM1/4/17
to ns-3-users
 Hi,

I've seen this attribute in wifi-remote-station-manager.cc cfile. Actually I'm trying to implement a power control algorithm for wifi in ns3. But when I saw this line in the attribute I confused a little whether the tx power control is implemented or not!! (blue line)

  .AddAttribute ("DefaultTxPowerLevel",
                   "Default power level to be used for transmissions. "
                   "This is the power level that is used by all those WifiManagers that do not implement TX power control.",
                   UintegerValue (0),
                   MakeUintegerAccessor (&WifiRemoteStationManager::m_defaultTxPowerLevel),
                   MakeUintegerChecker<uint8_t> ())

please clarify me whether tx power control is implemented in ns3 or not?? If implemented where is that part located in ns3.

Thanks and Regards,
pvnskbs.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 4, 2017, 8:00:58 AM1/4/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

it is implemented. The default tx power is (just) the initial tx power. If there's no power control it will not change over time. Logical.

T.

Krishna Bharadwaj

Jan 4, 2017, 1:44:01 PM1/4/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Tom,

Thank you very much. Please also clarify me where is this control algorithm implemented in ns3?? (I mean in which file this algorithm is written)

Thanks and Regards,
pvnskbs.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 4, 2017, 5:22:20 PM1/4/17
to ns-3-users
Should we also read the documentation and the headers file for you ?

I'm sorry to have to point out this from time to time, but writing the documentation is neither easy nor fun. When we find someone that doesn't even care to check it... well, it's frustrating.
Read The MAC model, please.

Power control is just a different flavour of a rate control, and the inheritance diagram of WifiRemoteStationManager is clearly showing it.

T.

Krishna Bharadwaj

Jan 4, 2017, 11:03:58 PM1/4/17
to ns-3-users
I'm so sorry if I frustrated you. But I really thank you for suggesting. This will not be repeated once again.

Thanks and Regards,
pvnskbs.