Cell search technique with mmwave

Raúl Parada Medina

Nov 7, 2016, 10:01:13 AM11/7/16
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I'm new using NS3 and I would like to implement a cell search technique in mmwave 5G. I did download the latest version of mmwave NS3 from the link https://github.com/mmezzavilla/ns3-mmwave and built it correctly. As far as I know, the beamforming is performed "ideally", by means of assuming the BS knows the strongest path to the UE (a.k.a power iteration method). I've read there is another method called swipe sector implementing a basic cell search technique where both BS and UE scan all sectors and select the beam with maximum gain. I've read that the swipe sector method is implemented in the MmWaveBeamforming class but looking at mmwave-beamforming.cc and .h files I couldn't find it. Could you tell me where can I find it and how to activate it?

Thanks,

Raúl

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 7, 2016, 8:07:30 PM11/7/16
to ns-3-users
Him,

since the module is not included in ns-3, the best option is to ask directly to the module author.

Cheers,

T.