Passive buffer has already been registered once

Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Mar 25, 2015, 12:05:26 AM3/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I renamed first.cc as tut1.cc and put it in scratch folder

I did ./waf build

./waf  --run scratch/tut1

i get the message  as given below.

msg=log Component "Passive buffer" has already been registered once.
src/core/model/log.cc line 100

kindly guide me

thanking in advance

lincy

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 25, 2015, 2:18:25 AM3/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

let me understand it straight.
We wrote a tutorial. t is meant as a self-tutoring very first approach to ns-3. There's a full length document and 7 examples to be run along with, demonstrating the stuff explained in the document.
You want a guide in reading the tutorial ?

Something's wrong here.

There's another point that is not right tho. Better, two points.
First, I did what you said (copied first.cc in scratch) and everything works.
Second, we never ever define a log component with a space in it ("Passive buffer").

As a consequence, you did modify BOTH files, and in an inappropriate way.

Start from scratch, revert your changes and understand the tutorial before doing stuff.

Have fun,

T.

Lincy Jim

Mar 25, 2015, 7:47:50 PM3/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am not the only one with remote desktop access to ns-3  in our university.I can't understand who did accidentally modify any file for the message given below to pop up

msg=log Component "Passive buffer" has already been registered once.
src/core/model/log.cc line 100

All i did was renamed first.cc to tut1.cc

added the following lines of code for net animator before Simulator::Run;
AnimationInterface anim ("animation.xml);
anim.SetConstantPosition (nodes.Get(0),1,2);
anim.SetConstantPosition (nodes Get(0),2,3);

I also added the header file  #include "ns3/netanim-module.h"

I assure you this was working last week without any errors and I could see the net anim ouptput too

Kindly guide

thanking in advance

Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Mar 25, 2015, 8:48:10 PM3/25/15