Clos Network - CSMA links failing for packet transmission

Nishikant Thorat

Sep 20, 2018, 6:03:07 AM9/20/18
to ns-3-users

Hello,

I'm facing issues while simulating CLOS network. I have created simple CLOS network with CSMA Links and Bridge module installed on each node and also have added static routes for communication.

Communication from Host1 to Host2 is not happening(Topology representation is in attached file). Here are few things, which I tried,

a) With CSMA links, without having Bridge module installed on each device, communication is successful. (This concludes, static routing table entries are correct.)

b) With CSMA links, and with Bridge module, communication is not successful.

   1) Tried with different "DataRate" values for CSMA channel. (From 1Mbps to 200Mbps)

   2) Tried with different "Delay" values CSMA channel. (From 1 ms to 20ms)

   3) Also, tried with different Packet size in Pinger application.

   4) Also, tried with having DropTailqueue, if that help to identify dropped/ lost packages.

   With all above parameters, I have observed, there is change in success rate of ping/ packet transmission operation. But packet never reached to Host2.

Can anyone please help me with this? Is there any documentation/ links for understanding impact of DataRate/ Delay on success rate of packet transmission.

Any pointers or help would be highly appreciated.

Please refer attached files for more details.

Thanks,

nishikant

routingtable
clos_nw.cc