IOT

khalid aljarrah

Mar 20, 2016, 5:36:40 PM3/20/16
to ns-3-users
Dear All,

does the ns3 support the IOT or not ? if yes , does the ns3 have the abbility to build a secure smart home?
i will moved out from the WSN to IOT.

Konstantinos

Mar 20, 2016, 5:50:56 PM3/20/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

IoT (Internet of Things) is so broad that I can not be sure if I should answer with yes or no.
NS-3 has already implemented several communication technologies that are used for IoT.
In principle, it is not NS-3's ability to be tested, but the user's/developer's ability and time that are tested...
So, I would reverse the question, what exactly (protocols, netdevices types etc) are you looking for?

Regards,
K.
Message has been deleted

khalid aljarrah

Mar 20, 2016, 6:00:03 PM3/20/16
to ns-3-users
Dear Konstantinous,
Im looking for 6lowpan routing protocol used to build smart home >>

I need one gateway with many sensors limited in power , what I need exactly to used 6lowpan routing protocol with COAP application layer approach

Konstantinos

Mar 20, 2016, 6:53:16 PM3/20/16
to ns-3-users
I would recommend to study the ns-3 documentation on what is implemented and what is each modules limitations.
For routing you can use any IPv6 protocol in NS-3. If you want one in particular you might have to implemented.
Energy module is also implemented in NS-3 but the current module only works with WiFi devices https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/energy.html
COAP application is not implemented.