load balancing in LTE

Azade Eta

Sep 13, 2014, 12:54:40 AM9/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Based on the LTE standard, load balancing is done over X2 interface to counteract local traffic load imbalance between neighbouring cell with the aim of improving overall system capacity. Also, it is mentioned that LENA includes "load balance and mobility management".
In my LTE-EPC simulation scenario, All UEs are attached manually to eNB0. Suppose all UEs are in the area coverage of another eNB, called eNB1.
Remote Host sends data continuously to UEs, which are attached to eNB0. How can I implement load balancing and send part of data through eNB1?

Thanks
Azade

Nicola Baldo

Sep 16, 2014, 4:39:00 AM9/16/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
You need to develop a custom handover algorithm that considers load balancing. The primitives defined by 3GPP for this purpose are already supported by ns-3/LENA

Stefania Zinno

Dec 5, 2014, 5:46:32 AM12/5/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I've developed my own mechanism in LTE enb-rrc class. You can ask me for suggestions.

senthil kumar

Jan 17, 2015, 10:21:23 PM1/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hai dear Stefania Zinno,

I have same scenario,, like i need to do load balancing in LTE networks..

1. my topology is UE=40, eNB=2 ..is it possible have 3 GW nodes?
2. how can i do load balancing between UE and eNB?
3. Do you have any ideas or examples script?
4. is it possible to use openflow to do load balncing - flow control? Do you any ideas

kindly help me?

Stefania Zinno

Jan 20, 2015, 6:45:15 AM1/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I wrote some code. It makes enodeBs exchange signaling messages regarding load status of each eNodeB. When a congested eNodeB is detected,handover procedure are performed in order to balance traffic.

senthil kumar

Jan 22, 2015, 4:46:03 AM1/22/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Hai dear,

Thanks for your information..
Do you have any source code?
On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 19:45:15 UTC + 8, Stefania Zinno wrote:
Some code I wrote. It Makes eNodeBs Exchange Signaling messages Regarding load status of each eNodeB. When a congested eNodeB is detected, HANDOVER procedure are Performed in Order to Balance traffic. Il Giorno domenica 18 Gennaio 2015 04:21:23 UTC + 1, senthil kumar ha scritto:

Hai dear Stefania Zinno,

I have same scenario ,, like i need to do load balancing in LTE networks ..

1. my topology is UE = 40, eNB = 2 ..is it possible have 3 GW nodes?
2. how can i do load balancing between UE and eNB?
3. Do you have any ideas or examples script?
4. is it possible to use openflow to do load balncing -? Flow control Do you any ideas

kindly help me?

On Friday, 5 December 2014 18:46:32 UTC + 8, Stefania Zinno wrote:

senthil kumar

Feb 11, 2015, 2:19:00 AM2/11/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hai dear stefania Zinno,

can you please post your examples code?

Obinna Nnamani

Mar 4, 2016, 6:57:15 AM3/4/16
to ns-3-users
Please Senthil, did you succeed in implementing your scenario using the load balancing procedure given by Stefania???

@Stefania, I am trying to write a function that will send load information between two enb in an lte scenario similar to that illustrated by Senthil. Using EPCX2Sap, I think I can send the load information to the second enb but my problem is receiving this information on the second enb to use it to manually trigger handover. When I try using EPCX2SapUser in the second enb, my program fail with a segmentation error (SIGSEGV). With gdb debugger, I can trace that the failure is on the line creating an instance of the EPCX2SapUser on the second enb.

Please, any suggestions to correct this error and extract the information sent... Or better still, if I am wrong, please guide me on the right path...

Thank you all...

Pakkhu

Jul 7, 2016, 3:37:04 AM7/7/16
to ns-3-users
 Hello sir,
Can you please tell me how to send load information from source enb and receive information at target enb? Which files to modify and how to modify it?

Pakkhu

Jul 7, 2016, 3:38:28 AM7/7/16
to ns-3-users
Sir can u please tell me how to send information from one eNB to another?