how to cout from is my own address

Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Oct 21, 2015, 7:52:28 PM10/21/15
to ns-3-users
Hi all

I am using ns-3.23.
In aodv,aodv-routing-protocol. cc

Void RoutingProtocol ::SendRerrWhenNoRouteToForward (Ipv4Address  dst, uint32_t dstSeqNo,Ipv4Address origin)

if (m_routingTable.LookupValidRoute (origin,toOrigin)
//I tried the below
if (IsMyOwnAddress (origin))
{std::cout  <<"abc"}

This cout does not get displayed at all .I understand it's because
ifaceLocal.GetLocal ()is different from the origin.

I wanted to display a cout --- if the  route error has reached source display abc

Kindly guide

Thanking in advance

Lincy

Tommaso Pecorella

Oct 22, 2015, 3:10:41 AM10/22/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

sometimes the silence means that there's an answer.
Sometimes the silence is just to avoid to point out people's mistakes (and avoid to point out how badly their are thinking).
It's already the second time you ask the same question, so I'll reply.

SendRerrWhenNoRouteToForward - the name says it all. It is used to SEND the route error messages. The node originating the route request will RECEIVE the route error messages.

Please, try to use your brain and to understand how the protocol works.

T.