simulating LTE-Advanced with NS3

atefeh mohseni

Jul 21, 2017, 9:58:30 AM7/21/17
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a simulator which is able to simulate LTE-A networks specially D2D communication. I want to simulate some attacks (such as DoS,replay or etc.) and analyze the parameters such as throughput, packet delivery ratio and delay. for example I have a secure protocol for data sharing between UEs which is done in several steps between them by transmitting predefined messages to each other (in both user and control plane). Now, my question is about the simulating and analyzing that protocol with NS3. Is NS3 a suitable simulator for my case? If yes, why?  otherwise, can anyone suggest me a good solution?

Cheers,
Atefeh

Zubair Amjad

Jul 27, 2017, 10:41:06 AM7/27/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Atefeh,
As far as I know, LTE D2D is not implemented in current LTE module.

You can try using this work towards d2d implementation for LTE.

./br
Zubair

Babu

Jul 28, 2017, 1:58:21 AM7/28/17
to ns-3-users
As per my findings, the mentioned D2D source code does not reflect the idea of D2D and its not workable.

Michele Polese

Jul 28, 2017, 2:52:34 AM7/28/17
to ns-3-users
NIST has an implementation of D2D for LTE, with results presented at the last WNS3.