802.11s, routing table

ahmad r

Aug 18, 2016, 12:22:58 AM8/18/16
to ns-3-users
Hi
I have a network of 10 nodes, with 802.11s protocol, and data transmission is via TCP. the distance between nodes are set in a way to force them to do multi hop routing(I put all of the nodes in a line with distance of 100 meters). the volume of data getting transfer between each pair of nodes is no more than 2K bytes. the data has to transfer between each pair of nodes. I have enabled the Cts/Rts using:
  bool enableCtsRts=true;
  UintegerValue ctsThr = (enableCtsRts ? UintegerValue (100) : UintegerValue (2200));
  Config::SetDefault ("ns3::WifiRemoteStationManager::RtsCtsThreshold", ctsThr);

I want to measure the delay of my algorithm in the the steady state, i.e. every node have a complete routing table, and there is no need to route discovery. I set the lifetime of a path to a great number(800 seconds because my nodes barely move).

Questions:
1- How I can build the routing table of each node at the beginning. I already send one byte from each node to others with TCP to ensure that the routing table is built. is there any simpler method?
2- how I can reduce the random behavior of network? e.g. reducing the amount of channel error to 0.

Thanks

Tommaso Pecorella

Aug 18, 2016, 5:24:04 AM8/18/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

answer 1: not really, that's the simplest way (You could use UDP instead of TCP, but that's more or less the same).
answer 2: you don't reduce the random behaviour of the network, you study (and use) the appropriate statistical methods to read your data. Moreover, you probably do NOT have channel errors, you'll have collisions perhaps (yes, even with RTS/CTS).

T.