WiFi Throughput is better than LTE

Ahmad

Dec 15, 2015, 1:17:55 PM12/15/15
to ns-3-users, Hajime Tazaki
Dear All,
In a use case of Direct Code Execution (DCE), they have compared the throughput of MPTCP (LTE & WiFi), TCP over WiFi only and TCP over LTE only. In the throughput bar graph they have shown that WiFi performs better than LTE. Normally, LTE is considered faster than WiFi. Moreover, in the DCE use case topology both the LTE PGW and WiFi AP are connected to the server via point to point links of 2Mbps. Can anyone please tell me why they behave like this. I am attaching the topology used and performance graph here.

Regards,
Ahmad

1.png
2.png

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 15, 2015, 8:58:31 PM12/15/15
to ns-3-users
2 Mbps links point to point links ?
That's a bottleneck, and it basically clamps both LTE and Wi-Fi performances. With such a setup all you can see is the effect of the queueing in the different nodes. The TCP performances have little or nothing to do with the Wi-Fi or LTE speed.
Moreover, in the LTE leg you have 2 nodes instead of one, and this can further complicate the analysis.
Overall, I'd hardly take these numbers as a reference, if not for the obvious indication that using low bandwidth backhauls is definitely a bad idea.

Cheers,

T.

Marco Miozzo

Dec 16, 2015, 3:27:35 AM12/16/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
yep, I would suggest you to better design your simulation scenario.
Let me give you a reference to a similar work presented during the last NS3 workshop:
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2756517

best,
marco.

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Ahmad

Dec 16, 2015, 4:37:52 AM12/16/15
to ns-3-users
Thank you both for your reply :)

左剑

Apr 13, 2016, 10:56:26 AM4/13/16
to ns-3-users, taz...@wide.ad.jp
Hello Ahmad,

I'm very interested in you project, can you share with us with your code?

Best regards,
Zuo

在 2015年12月16日星期三 UTC+8上午2:17:55,Ahmad写道: