Why UE in LTE WIFI simmultion didnt get IP on Netanim?

Md Ady

Nov 14, 2016, 8:44:11 PM11/14/16
to ns-3-users
Hello, i'm new on NS3, wanna ask few question,

i have trying to simulate Wifi and LTE on same time, but when i open the simulation via netanim, the UE didnt get any IP,  but the result that i got from the flow monitor show that ue have send the packet to remote host. i think i have done attach ue ip from epc helper:

Ipv4InterfaceContainer ueInterfaces1;
ueInterfaces1 = epcHelper->AssignUeIpv4Address (NetDeviceContainer (ueDevices1));

And, here's the result that i got

running !!!
Flow number 1 (7.0.0.2 -> 10.0.0.2)
  Tx Bytes:   1283440
  Rx Bytes:   1203488
  Throughput: 9.19005 Mbps
Delay = 0.0183975

but when i see the animation with netanim, UE didn't get any IP, i'm so confused how to fix it,
Thanks so much, help is very appreciated

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 16, 2016, 7:13:09 PM11/16/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

without the script it's hard to say. However, I'd strongly suggest to double check it. The 7.0.0.2 address is (usually) assigned to the eNB (as far as I know).
Moreover, what do you mean by "when i open the simulation via netanim, the UE didnt get any IP" ?

T.

Md Ady

Nov 17, 2016, 8:28:27 AM11/17/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
oh, i already found it, i should attach wifi helper after lte helper is done,
thanks for the response Tommaso, but now, i cant send a packet to remote Host Via AP,

Here's i attach Topology design , please help how to sending a packet to Remote Host Via ENB and AP ?
Should i using static routing or something?
and i curious about LTE helper, did it always sending data over eNB ?

Please some help, thanks so much

Regards,
Adi Paramartha

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 18, 2016, 6:26:49 PM11/18/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

again, without the script we can't say much (and the screenshot is too small).
In any case the answer are: yes, you need some routing and yes, LTE traffic goes through the eNB (it couldn't do anything different).

T.

Md Ady

Nov 20, 2016, 12:07:58 AM11/20/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
thanks for reply tommaso, Can i create the traffic goes to the AP ? i need ue send both enb and AP. which routing can use for that scenario? thanks

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 20, 2016, 7:11:36 PM11/20/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

you'll need to define and implement your own routing (I think). We can't be sure because you didn't describe your scenario and what you want to do.In any case, these decisions are yours. It's your own research and we shouldn't really be the ones telling you what to do. isn't it ?

T.

Md Ady

Nov 20, 2016, 7:48:09 PM11/20/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the reply again,
yeah i know, but im confused, my scenario is sending packet from UE to AP and eNB . AP connected to RemoteHost, and eNB connected to pgw and also connected to remotehost.

How can i make it ? which routing protocol? should i use LAA coexsistence ? thanks for help

Adi

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 21, 2016, 2:51:25 PM11/21/16
to ns-3-users
I'm sorry but we can't help on this. If you're confused about the scenario you want to implement the only thing we can suggest to do is to write it on a drawing board and confront with someone else in your lab.

T.

Md Ady

Nov 21, 2016, 11:25:05 PM11/21/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
huhuhu, im sorry make you confuse mr tommaso,
i have found the problem, we should install wifi helper etc after installing lte architecture,
and its working, but the UE stil didnt get any IP from AP, its just get a IP from enb (when we look inside netanim in UE node)

regards,
adi paramartha

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 22, 2016, 10:27:44 AM11/22/16
to ns-3-users
The UE does not "get" the IP address from the AP, you should install the IP addresses through an helper. Please re-read the tutorial.

T.

Md Ady

Nov 22, 2016, 8:00:36 PM11/22/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hello tommaso, thanks for reply

i've install it, here's my code :
NetDeviceContainer ueDevices;
ueDevices = wifi.Install (phy, mac, ueNodes);
mac.SetType ("ns3::ApWifiMac",
            "Ssid", SsidValue (ssid));

NetDeviceContainer apDevices = wifi.Install (phy, mac, apNodes);

internet.Install(apNodes);

ipv4h.SetBase ("192.168.10.0", "255.255.255.0");
Ipv4InterfaceContainer apinterfaces = ipv4h.Assign(apDevices);

ipv4h.SetBase ("192.168.0.0", "255.255.0.0");
Ipv4InterfaceContainer ueinterface = ipv4h.Assign(ueDevices);

i worried that, epc helper will "lock" the IP just from the PGW

ueInterfaces1 = epcHelper->AssignUeIpv4Address (NetDeviceContainer (ueDevices1));

but when im running the script is working, UE got IP 192.168.0.1 and send to AP 192.168.10.1 ,
nah, when im running the .xml file on netanim, the UE just have 1 IP address, and its just from PGW,

im sorry to make you so confused,

Regards,
Adi Paramartha

Anshu Bhan

Jan 21, 2017, 9:08:40 AM1/21/17
to ns-3-users
Hiiii

I have already done this simulation using wifi and lte hybrid acrchitecture...if u need any help ask me..

Thnks
Message has been deleted

Dasha Sayed

Apr 5, 2017, 8:57:32 AM4/5/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Anshu, is there any way that you could send me the code from the hybrid architecture? I'm new in ns3 and i seriously don't gent how to make it work. Please help me.