3D cosine/parabolic antenna model instead of 2D

Mahesh

Oct 2, 2017, 2:30:40 PM10/2/17
to ns-3-users
Hello ns-3 users,

I was wondering how the antenna gain equation will change if we have 3D cosine/parabolic antenna model instead of 2D. ns-3 currently supports only 2D radiation pattern for both cosine and parabolic antennas.

Gain of 2D cosine antenna:
double phi = a.phi - m_orientationRadians;
double ef = std::pow (std::cos (phi / 2.0), m_exponent);
double gainDb = 20 * std::log10 (ef);

Gain of 2D parabolic antenna:
double phi = a.phi - m_orientationRadians;
double gainDb = -std::min (12 * pow (phi / m_beamwidthRadians, 2), m_maxAttenuation);

As per my understanding, one would need to define another attribute (for elevation) and get/set it. But how would the gain equation change if we have the theta (elevation) component. Kindly guide me.

Many thanks,
Mahesh