Reliability models in ns3

vreg

Apr 15, 2017, 6:30:13 PM4/15/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I was planning to develop a reliability module in ns3 that tracks the reliability of a node based on temperature, voltage, frequency, power. Basically monitoring parameters like voltage and temperature, and
providing the values to a mathematical model to estimate the lifetime or probability of node failure.

Wanted to know if there is any existing implementation or related work on this. If anyone is currently working on something or has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks.

Konstantinos

Apr 18, 2017, 4:07:14 PM4/18/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

No, there is no such module in ns-3.
The only related part (still not yet fully integrated) is the Start/Stop of an object (node) which would come into play when you have a node failure.

Just a note, ns-3 is a network simulator. You would have to model 'temperature, voltage, power etc' variables of the node/environment which are not currently assumed.

Regards,