SNR unchanged with or without interference

nat...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2021, 1:06:44 PM2/13/21
to ns-3-users
Hello

I have created a simulation with some mesh nodes and UDP traffic between specified pairs of nodes. I assign specific channels to each link, and use the MonitorSnifferRx callback to find the average SNR in the mesh. I then repeat the simulation with and without an interference source but the SNR does not change at all when adding the interferer.

MeshHelper constructor instantiates the wifi phy standard to 802.11a, which uses the 5GHz band. I checked the appropriate channels for that standard and assigned them accordingly {36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56}. The interferer frequency was set to 5.180GHz, same as for the frequency of the SpectrumPhy used for the mesh nodes.

Please would someone explain what is going wrong in the simulation for the interference source not to change the SNR?
mesh-sim.cc
mesh-sim.h
mesh-sim-example-set-links.cc

nat...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2021, 12:20:04 AM2/16/21
to ns-3-users
Hello again

I have simplified the minimal illustrative example of this behaviour and fixed some errors in the code and now I have the situation where the SNR is higher *with* interference and lower without. Please would someone explain how this is happening and whether there is a mistake in the simulation code. I can only guess that maybe there is somehow constructive interference? Although I did not think the simulation would work like that, but instead increases the noise floor.

Some input would be much appreciated!

The example is attached. All I do to add interference is change the waveformPower value to 0.1 and to remove interference I change the value to 0.

mesh_set_links_5G_channels_interference_snr_avg.cc

nat...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2021, 1:09:31 AM7/6/21
to ns-3-users
Hello all

I am still experiencing this problem that the addition or removal of an interference source is not affecting the observed SINR, or, in fact the interference in interference-helper.cc calculated under CalculatedNoiseInterferenceW. It is crucial for the work that this interference is reflected and shown. Please would someone assist!

G-Anthony

May 17, 2024, 3:20:01 AMMay 17
to ns-3-users
Hello,