1 crashed and 3 skipped tests in my tests of ./test.py

zhouy...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2015, 8:51:28 PM1/15/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I install ns-3.18 in the ubuntu 14.04, and I have worked step by step as tutorial says to install and test the ns-3. But when I test my ns-3 using ./test.py, it turned out to be wrong as follows:

PASS: TestSuite ns3-tcp-state
SKIP: TestSuite nsc-tcp-loss
PASS: TestSuite ns3-tcp-loss
PASS: TestSuite lte-x2-handover
PASS: TestSuite lte-x2-handover-measures
159 of 163 tests passed (159 passed, 3 skipped, 0 failed, 1 crashed, 0 valgrind errors)
zhouys@zhouys-OptiPlex-9010:~/workspace_ns3.18/ns-allinone-3.18/ns-3.18$

I check 1 crashed and 3 skipped tests as follows
CRASH: TestSuite devices-mesh-dot11s-regression
SKIP: TestSuite ns3-tcp-cwnd
SKIP: TestSuite ns3-tcp-interoperability
SKIP: TestSuite nsc-tcp-loss

I want to install the OpenNet by using this ns-3.18 and mininet. So, I want to know how to solve this problem and whether this error is the reason affecting the OpenNet installation. Could you do me a favor? Thanks

Tom Henderson

Jan 16, 2015, 12:28:07 AM1/16/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
The skipped tests are because you haven't installed the optional network
simulation cradle. This will not affect your OpenNet installation.

If you are not using mesh (likely not, if you are trying to use
OpenNet), then the crashing test suite can probably be ignored also.
There were some issues with gcc-4.8 and the mesh code that have only
recently been fixed, and some fixed last year.

If you would really like to get to the bottom of this crashing test, I
would ask you to run this command and let me know the output:

./waf --command-template="gdb %s" --run test-runner

and then at the gdb prompt (gdb), type:

r --suite=devices-mesh-dot11s-regression

and then post the output or backtrace.

However, it is likely something that has been fixed in the meantime;
ns-3.18 is over a year old now. We ought to see whether OpenNet can run
with a newer version of ns-3.

- Tom