question about the attribute

jian...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2014, 5:54:20 AM3/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am looking into the code for the aodv example, and had a question.Here is it:

    V4PingHelper ping (interfaces.GetAddress (size - 1));
    ping.SetAttribute ("Verbose", BooleanValue (true));

I am able to find the definition of V4PingHelper.SetAttribute and "Verbose" in the doxgen, but I wonder why Verbose is associated with V4PingHelper?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Konstantinos

Mar 26, 2014, 6:04:43 AM3/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean why Verbose is associated with V4PingHelper.

Have you read NS-3 documentation w.r.t. Helper classes?
These are used to "help" you do certain stuff; create applications, protocols etc.
They are not the actual class that is installed on the node, i.e. V4PingHelper will install a V4Ping application.
The SetAttribute method of the helper class will set the attribute of the class it actually installs; hence the Verbose will be the attribute of the V4Ping class.

jian...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2014, 6:37:04 AM3/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply.
What I mean is where I can find the list of all the attributes of V4PingHelper?

在 2014年3月26日星期三UTC+8下午6时04分43秒,Konstantinos写道:

Konstantinos Katsaros

Mar 26, 2014, 6:41:35 AM3/26/14
to jian...@gmail.com, ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The list of all attributes can be found from the API
Look for the class you are interested and you can get the attributes.

However I think that you have not read my previous reply because you asked again for the V4PingHelper class attributes.
It does not have any attribute! You should look for the V4Ping class because that's the class the V4PingHelper.SetAttribute() will affect!

PS: Please add the ns-3-users mailing list or reply directly there

--
Konstantinos

On Wednesday, 26 March 2014 at 10:35, jian...@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you for your reply.
What i mean is where i can find the list of all the attributes of V4PingHelper?

在 2014年3月26日星期三UTC+8下午6时04分43秒,Konstantinos写道:
What do you mean why Verbose is associated with V4PingHelper.

jianback

Mar 26, 2014, 7:02:31 AM3/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, jian...@gmail.com
I see.Thank you very much!

在 2014年3月26日星期三UTC+8下午6时41分35秒,Konstantinos写道: