SIGSEGV under GDB

Spencer Jang

Dec 2, 2016, 8:34:36 AM12/2/16
to ns-3-users

Hello,

I am writing a ns3 program which allows multiple udp sockets on a node with multiple netdevice interfaces.
However, after the program is about to finish, I get a SIGSEGV fault, which happens when my program ends up pointing an empty place or address in the memory.
When I run it under gdb, I get the following. (see image)
I am not sure what it really means.
Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

Konstantinos

Dec 2, 2016, 12:09:30 PM12/2/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Spencer,

Try using the backtrace command in gdb to get a trace of where this segmentation fault came from.

Regards,

Spencer Jang

Dec 3, 2016, 4:41:24 AM12/3/16
to ns-3-users
Hello Konstantions.

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, 'backtrace' gave me the same result.
Any clue on, which part of the code or line or procedure it made the SIGSEGV fault?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Spencer

2016년 12월 3일 토요일 오전 2시 9분 30초 UTC+9, Konstantinos 님의 말:

Konstantinos

Dec 3, 2016, 6:59:18 AM12/3/16
to ns-3-users
Is this the complete backtrace?

Spencer Jang

Dec 3, 2016, 7:26:09 AM12/3/16
to ns-3-users
Yup, that is it.
What would that 0x0000000000000 in ?? () mean?

2016년 12월 3일 토요일 오후 8시 59분 18초 UTC+9, Konstantinos 님의 말:

pdbarnes

Dec 3, 2016, 11:52:36 AM12/3/16
to ns-3-users
Did you configure optimized? Debug will give you more information.

Peter

Spencer Jang

Dec 3, 2016, 12:11:34 PM12/3/16
to ns-3-users
What do you mean optimized?
Is it a function? or a method in ns3?

2016년 12월 4일 일요일 오전 1시 52분 36초 UTC+9, pdbarnes 님의 말:

pdbarnes

Dec 3, 2016, 12:28:38 PM12/3/16
to ns-3-users
When you configured ns-3 did you do

$ ./waf configure --build-profile=optimized ...

Instead, configure with debug:

$ ./waf configure --build-profile=debug ...

Peter

Spencer Jang

Dec 3, 2016, 1:01:14 PM12/3/16
to ns-3-users
nope, I think it is set to build-profile=debug.
Since if I set it optimized, it gives me errors like this below.

2016년 12월 4일 일요일 오전 2시 28분 38초 UTC+9, pdbarnes 님의 말: