Changing the Receiver Sensitivity

Varun Reddy

Apr 18, 2017, 2:31:39 PM4/18/17
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change the receiver sensitivity of the nodes in my wifi network. I came across a post which mentioned that the default receiver sensitivity is -96dBm. I want to modify this to -88dBm. I can't seem to find the appropriate functions in the documentation. I get the feeling that this modification can be done via the YansWifiPhy or YansWifiPhyHelper classes, but not sure how.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Varun

Konstantinos

Apr 18, 2017, 3:03:45 PM4/18/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Varun

Your feeling is correct. The receiver sensitivity is an attribute in the WifiPhy and it's called EnergyDetectionThreshold

EnergyDetectionThreshold: The energy of a received signal should be higher than this threshold (dbm) to allow the PHY layer to detect the signal.
  • Set with class: ns3::DoubleValue
  • Underlying type: double -1.79769e+308:1.79769e+308
  • Initial value: -96

So, you can simply change it to the required value (can be done through the helper class as well)

Regards,

Varun Reddy

Apr 19, 2017, 10:15:23 AM4/19/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Konstantinos,

This is brilliant! Thanks a lot for your help!

Varun